Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

San Francisco Treat

Great moments in advertising


In the Way Back, during a rare moment of clarity, I observed that the wall-to-wall Hitler content of the History Channel (which prompted me to coin the term "Hitler Channel") had a downside.  Acceptance, and rebirth. Yup.

11 comments:

  1. Rodge ... embedding that multi-media file on your masthead is killing me.

    The damned page insists an fetching the file, even if I don't want to play it ... the page takes forever to load up.

    I never embed video on my blog for that reason. I'll post a screenshot pic of the video, and link that to the video's play page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 different scripts trying to run including the movie.

    Between noscript, adblock image and a flash blocker any site on the web can be made a lot less obnoxious :-).

    Blocking the first screen of images below the movie helps too.

    Something about too much of a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problems here Boss

    Spanky

    ReplyDelete
  4. NoScript now includes its own Flash blocker.

    Using NoScript isn't as simple as "install, tweak a few settings, and leave it alone". You'll have to build up a whitelist of sites as you go.

    Still, I won't surf without it. I haven't seen a popup in several years, annoying ads don't run, pages load faster, and Google Analytics isn't tracking everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an on and off affair with no script ... it does screw up a lot of pages I like.

    It also fixes a lot of insanity.

    I think the culprit here is a result of windows media player updating itself without permission on my work PC, and trying to load itself on the page ... I need to take that piece of software out and shoot it.

    I still think embedding media other than pics is a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be some sort of virus or whatever in the pic...

    Downloaded it, Photoshopped it
    (hey, a must!)
    Uploaded to a forum
    http://www.fuckfrance.com/topic/3285397/1/Flames/Time-this-git-was-given-his-marching-orders-but-for-good-this-time-CaptainCrackpot-go.html
    and the whole post and comment self-DELETED!!!

    Second try, it was OK though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rog- Nice new header. Is that Silian Braille?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very good Jodi ... BTW, I just realized that this is your double .. or is it you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ole Ernst Röhm would have gotten his starched brownshirt all wet from drooling over a pic like that, no?

    ReplyDelete
  10. All better now ... took windows media player out and shot it.

    Had to unload WMp -11, reboot, unload WMP -10, reboot, and then removed WMP from installed Windows components.

    They really don't want you to pull this one out, apparently all of their digital rights crap depends on it.

    ReplyDelete

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.