|
While two of our kids and their mates are trying to salvage
Spain's economy, MoSup and me are once again parents. Yup, we are
blessed with having our one-year old granddaughter stay with us for 8
days. Been about 75 years since I've fed a baby and put her down
for her nap, but the skill came back in a rush. Is there any
sweeter smell than that combination of a baby's protective pheromones,
and baby powder? Anyway, those duties are responsible for fewer
posts, which is good because I was getting somewhat bitter over you
know who. When she wakes from her nap, I'm taking her fishing.
|
|
kids who hunt and fish, dont steal and deal
ReplyDelete-bfhogues
Rock on, Rodge! I've been taking my boy fishing since before he could walk. It's a good sport to get the yungins into, as it teaches an appreciation for nature, as does hunting.
ReplyDeleteThe photo looks like it could have come from the house wher I was raised, as long as Mom or Dad's Manhattan was nearby.
ReplyDeleteTake the whole 8 days--it is the best medicine. See you then.
ReplyDeletemary
Yeah, I second that. Go off and be grandpa for awhile, you and the baby need it.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to discuss with her the fine arts of smoking, drinking and fighting with the wee 'un.
ReplyDelete(you can save gambling for her next visit)
Have a good one Grampa! Spoil her silly! You deserve it.
You're a lucky man, Rodger. I'll bet babysitting that darling beats the hell out of being King of all France. Your mouth is probably tired from all the grinning.
ReplyDeleteGrinfilledCelt