Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crocheting an Afghan here boss

The 72 Hour Afghan Expert
Everything you've ever wanted to know about Afghans, by P.J. O'Rourke
As all good reporters do, I prepared for my assignment with extensive research. I went to an Afghan restaurant in Prague. Getting a foretaste—as it were—of my subject, I asked the restaurant’s owner (an actual Afghan), “So what’s up with Afghanistan?”

The 72 Hour Afghan Expert

As always, P.J. O'Rourke gets to the heart of things with a razor.  However, I have a good deal of trouble reading anything about Afghanistan, now that Obama has set our guys up in a shooting gallery by virtue of announcing a withdrawal date. 

48 HOURS: 21 American soldiers
killed in Afghanistan...


To be honest, I got sidetracked ¾ of the way through by a desire to photo-chop the Weekly Standard cover.  That indulgence is all that stands between me and insanity I think.  God damn Obama to Hell..
Boned Jello



4 comments:

  1. Your PhotoChop is magnitudes better - and left me wiping good bourbon off my shirt-front from laughter explosion. I had to check twice to be sure it was not like that on the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed a spot.

    (Turing word: brons. You win it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on fire tonight Rog. Quality Linkage.

    BTW, The first time I read P.J. as a young Marine Corporal was the epiphany moment that I was something called a conservative.

    Anymouse

    ReplyDelete

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.