|
| “
|
Rolling Stone: What do you think of
Fox News? Do you think it's a good institution for America and for
democracy?
Teh WAS: [Laughs] Look, as president, I swore to uphold the
Constitution, and part of that Constitution is a free press. We've got
a tradition in this country of a press that oftentimes is opinionated.
The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time
in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their
newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox
is part of that tradition — it is part of the tradition that has a very
clear, undeniable point of view. It's a point of view that I disagree
with. It's a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for
the long-term growth of a country ... . Obama
in Command: The Rolling Stone Interview
|
|
|
Ah, buck up.
ReplyDeleteO
but, folks am concerned.
ReplyDeleteThese people would be ok if Obama shut down a media outlet... but don't call them left wing extremists.
ReplyDeleteAnd you should be, Rodge.
ReplyDeleteThis is how they think, I mean, view reality.