Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Occidentally ...

Occidentally: 'was looking forward to an imminent... revolution, where the working
class would overthrow the ruling class'

Guess Who

7 comments:

  1. The "occidentally" is throwing me here, but I'll take a flyer without looking it up:

    POTUS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphase Higgins..... 'I'm shocked Magnum.'
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course what we all really want to see is his admission application to Occidental. With Clinton, we had a guy who couldn't be commissioned an officer in the US military (security clearance), with this guy, I'm not sure he would be accepted as a foreign national into the enlisted ranks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lessee.....I'm working. You're working. My neighbors are working. That leaves the "ruling class" as the rat b*st*rd commies in DC. "Working class overthrowing the ruling class?" Q. E. D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't talk much Doc, but when you do ... !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminded me of a moment at Ohio State in '79. At 0200, I was locking up the bar where I worked, and noticed that someone had slathered communist propaganda with paste on the outside windows. They were still wet, so I peeled them off. Then I noticed that there was a trail that led up the main drag of High street, so I followed peeling all the way, and undoing the hard work of the vanguard of the proletariat. Until finally, I came upon these industrious jackasses. There was a confrontation. They'd paste, and I'd peel right next to them. One threatened to call a cop. I encouraged him to do so. I had a pretty good idea they'd be on my side. Eventually, they folded their hand, and slunk off into the night. I don't think they were even students at OSU. Except for the occasional handbill posted in some odd place, I never saw much of them around there. They're probably under-czars of some executive branch fief today.

    Casca

    ReplyDelete

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.