| “
|
Have
I awakened in an alternate universe?
mary
|
FILE sharing has become a recognised
religion in Sweden after a movement successfully registered the Church
of Kopimism.
The group of 3000 members were official
recognised by Swedish authorities and hope to make file sharing legal.
Spiritual leader of the Church of Kopimism Isak Gerson said the group’s
main ritual is the act of copying and connecting with each other by
sharing information.
“For the Church of Kopimism, information is holy and copying is a
sacrament,” Mr Gerson wrote on the church’s website.
“Being recognized by the state of Sweden is a large step for all of
kopimi. Hopefully, this is one step towards the day when we can live
out our faith without fear of persecution.” Read
more:
|
” |
I'm guessing they'll get some tax breaks. If that's the case, I'll join. Hell, I'd join the First Unified Gaggle of Klingons if I could get some tax breaks.
ReplyDeleteHmm..wonder if Julian Assange is the head honcho?
ReplyDeleteWord is, they're dodging the ongoing Scandinavian litigations
ReplyDeleteagainst P2P torrenting of copyrighted media. selah!
vw: rhanced, like dat smelly religion.
Soon to schism into the Mac cult and the Windows cult.
ReplyDeleteTrust me, DVDs will be burned!
(What? No, I don't know what the texting shorthand is for "Blaspheeeemerrrr!"
b-meme
ReplyDeleteJohn Moses Browning Church of the .45, anyone?
ReplyDeleteIf John Moses Browning, then Saint Jeff of Cooper.
ReplyDelete