Pages

Friday, May 08, 2015

Different Drum

Today's Song That I Love


11 comments:

  1. I have always liked that song. Too bad she's a twit.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a twit is not always a bad trait for a woman ... .

    ReplyDelete
  3. But she's a twit that slept with Jerry Brown. Unfortunately, she also has Parkinson's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you missed the Vanity Fair February issue, here's a link:

    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/photos/2015/02/laurel-canyon-photographs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different Drum was definitely the song that put her on the map, but the one that gets to me is her rendition of Blue Bayou.

    It's a shame that she's only 68 and has Parkinson's.

    But politically she is a twit. She's a fan of Michael Moore and, not surprisingly, she's a knee-jerk Bush hater.

    Ah, but when it comes to left-leaning female vocalists, I'm still (despite her politics) totally in love with Joan Baez: her clear, strong, sweet voice and her looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah the memories that brings up. I spent a month in Diego Garcia and it had library with ful audio reel music and I spent days recording them to cassettes. I didn't care about the girl's politics I just did it for the noise.

    She is hateful but I am now going to replay that...


    My senior fraternity buddy took a shotgun at full choke to shoot her picture when he learned she was sharing a tent in Africa with jerry brown. He found it hurtful and the guys sleeping in the other room were really surprised as shot and shell erupted around them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard Linda Ronstadt and the Stone Poneys at a (Diamond Head) Crater Festival. Good times, long gone. Politics, I understand, closed that venue; the State had to push rock concerts into the money-losing Aloha stadium and Blaisdell Arena.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But why is it that those, now old broads, with the great voices were radical Socialist/Liberals for the most part?

    Besides the aforementioned Linda Ronstadt and Joan Baez, there was Barbra Streisand (Who I loved to listen to, but not watch - Marilyn Michaels nailed her good with her cross-eyed high notes) Then there was Cher, who transposed into something weirder and weirder as she aged. Also there was Nancy Sinatra who evidently inherited her dad's Dim-O ideals (Boy! That's an oxymoron). Then there was Helen Reddy, another avid Jerry Brown supporter. If I think real hard, but that hurts too much, I could probably think of more.

    Ron in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best thing about a chick with Parkinson's is that her hand naturally shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbra Streisand leaves me cold in every way. I find her voice to be singularly devoid of warmth or humor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leonard Jones5/9/15, 10:55 AM

    I used to have to drive past a huge billboard of her on
    the way to work each morning. This was back when she was
    SMOKING hot. Every day I would think about what a
    lucky man Jerry Brown was. Years later, I discovered
    that Brown was a gay as a debutante and Ronstadt was
    was just a prop to hide the fact that he was a rod smoker!

    ReplyDelete

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.