scream-of-consciousness;
"If you're trying to change minds and influence people it's probably not a good idea to say that virtually all elected Democrats are liars, but what the hell."
Well . . . I'm workin on Milady's birthday card. Each year I put together a multi-page narrative tribute with embedded pics or 'toons. Takes her mind offa the reality that I didn't buy her some trinkets she doesn't need or would just return/exchange anyway.
Usually get some kinda idea 'bout 3 months early, then subconsciously scout around for ideas or quotes to steal and weave into the tapestry . . . put 'em in a folder and let 'em molder.
Decided to go a different route this year and do it all in 4-line rhyming stanzas, basically pentameter.
Got it roughed out; now it'll cure for about a week before I go back in and tighten it up, polish it, and incorporate some appropriate pics.
Looks like this'n'll be around 8 pages, shorter than most, but after all it's poetry, so it SHOULD be more compressed and concise, n'est ce-pas?
You're givin' yer old lady an 8 pager (aka "Tijuana Bible") for her birthday?? HOOO-WEEEE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65d38jqABI http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/findingaids/tijuanabibles/
Interesting selfie there........
ReplyDeleteTim
Well . . . I'm workin on Milady's birthday card. Each year I put together a multi-page narrative tribute with embedded pics or 'toons. Takes her mind offa the reality that I didn't buy her some trinkets she doesn't need or would just return/exchange anyway.
ReplyDeleteUsually get some kinda idea 'bout 3 months early, then subconsciously scout around for ideas or quotes to steal and weave into the tapestry . . . put 'em in a folder and let 'em molder.
Decided to go a different route this year and do it all in 4-line rhyming stanzas, basically pentameter.
Got it roughed out; now it'll cure for about a week before I go back in and tighten it up, polish it, and incorporate some appropriate pics.
Looks like this'n'll be around 8 pages, shorter than most, but after all it's poetry, so it SHOULD be more compressed and concise, n'est ce-pas?
Whattabout this one. A real workhorse.
ReplyDeletec.umulus n.imbusi iii
Talcum powder causes ovarian cancer.
ReplyDeleteWould you weigh in on plaintiff's attorneys?
Thanks for being here, Raja.
.
"Looks like this'n'll be around 8 pages"
ReplyDeleteYou're givin' yer old lady an 8 pager (aka "Tijuana Bible") for her birthday?? HOOO-WEEEE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65d38jqABI
http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/findingaids/tijuanabibles/
Moo-lin-yan Nabo-li-don
O/T Sire, but I notice that the entire 'Top Gear' crew just signed a deal with AmazonTV for a new car show ? Story on Bloomberg this am. Keep well.
ReplyDeleteHad a 40 Mb hard drive in my first PC AT clone built by Sperry back in the late 80's? It was about 4 inches THICK, but man was it Cool!
ReplyDeleteI want -- NEED -- a tractor
ReplyDeleteIf you don't mind to repair work you can sometimes find good deals on Craig's List.
ReplyDeleteUsually the battery is dead and the carb is gummed up.