Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fifth Hole

The 5th Hole


I  discovered, and subsequently named the "Fifth Hole Syndrome" back when I was an avid golfer.  I discovered that if I started drinking schnapps  (the cloyingly sweet fruit booze that was meant only for dates at the drive-in)  about a half hour before teeing-off, I would play like Bobby Jones.   For about 4-5 holes.  Then a relatively quick blood chemistry change took place, and ... you know.  Things would get so bad that I once missed the ball entirely, knocking myself out with the backswing.   I was putting.

I don't play much golf anymore, but I fall prey to the Schnapps siren now and then.  Like yesterday.  After watching the insufferable smarmy John Stewart mock anyone who hasn't gone belly-up on the birth deal, I was going for a knock-out-video  punch - in Dolby Cinerama. A bottle of Peach schnapps, and a veritable PhD thesis worth of documents and facts at my side, this was to be my legacy video.  Then came the par 5 fifth.  I fell asleep watching something on the Hitler Channel.  So, unless I rebound in a hurry, you'll never see the end of this.  Or, the beginning for that matter.




3 comments:

Randy Rager said...

The crap sold by DeKuyper (among others) as "Schnapps" here in the States bears the same relationship to the real thing as Hilary! bears to real statesmanship.

If the alcohol content doesn't start at 50%, you got robbed.

Anonymous said...

Kirschwasser & Obstwasser are Schnaps. This sickly sweet crap served up in the US is for prom night.
I like that score card Rodger!

Anonymous said...

How I excelled in golf? Tiger Woods PGA Tour = wii system. I know. In the video version you look at your target not the ball when swinging, chipping, putting, etc, BUT, when throwing your club or ball, no consequences. Just like Liberals live! ;)
Juice

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.