Friday, February 05, 2010

In Passing

 In Passing
Your Friday Play Station

Nelson Davis: America vs. Canada
I had never heard of something called The Index of Economic Freedom until recently. The 2010 edition of this index published by the Heritage Foundation and the Wall Street Journal tells me that Canada, our frozen neighbor to the north is now economically freer than the United States! That was a head turning surprise to me.

One billion
Remember back when billion was a shock word? It’s still huge. A billion is 1,000 x 1,000,000. You could start spending $1,000 per day every day for 2000 years and you would have spent less than $1 billion. The amount spent would be a “mere” $730,000,000, still well under $1,000,000,000.

EHarmony settles lawsuit over gay matchmaking
As part of a class-action settlement, the popular eHarmony online dating service will set aside with about $500,000 for gay, lesbian and bisexual Californians who can show they were harmed by eHarmony's policies. [Note to Cuzzin Ricky in SF: r u thnk wht I  thnk?$$$]

But Al, Scott Brown was actually elected
"I love how we cave to the Republicans and won't seat our [me] Senator... " - Al Franken

AP:Senate likely to be less diverse after elections
STFU!

Today's Toons
Why didn't I link this before?

From TPM: Well In That Case ...
Earlier today we brought you the unfortunate newsthat the winner of the Democratic nomination for Lt. Governor in Illinois, Scott Lee Cohen, was arrested in 2005 for a vicious assault on his then-girlfriend. - But it's okay! You've got to understand, that was back in 2005 when he was abusing steroids as his marriage fell apart.

Palin Denounces Limbaugh Over 'Retard' Cracks, Glenn Beck Next?
Libs begin orgasm - but ...

Boned Jello


6 comments:

Josh Fahrni-Barn Army Dog Catcher said...

This is all stupid. There's a lot of things Rahm and Obama should be apologizing about. Retard isn't the nicest thing you can call something, but it doesn't exactly translate to 'I think special needs children should be taunted or aborted in the womb'.

I've used the word before and I no doubt will use it again. I've also called things that I thought were stupid 'gay' but I don't hate gays or personally wish them any ill will. Is this crazy?

Damn straight.

Oops. I used the word straight to make a point. I'll call Charlie Sheen and apologize.

Special olympics crack was worse than Rahm calling Democrat lawmakers retarded, and Glenn Beck and Limbaugh are NOT public speakers. But, I actually don't care about any of it. Lots of other ^%&$ going on.

Anonymous said...

Teleprompter scores again! Obama you fool!
Juice

BruHa said...

If you had Hundred dollar bills:

A Million dollars wold fill a large suitcase.

A Billion would be a stack about the size of a large car or Lite truck.

A Trillion would fill a Super Waly-Mart.
(I still cant get my head around a Trillion anything even with this visual. Billion is bad enough)

Anonymous said...

So, just what exactly is that "corpseman's" name, Christian or Christopher? He referred to him as each.


WBB

Anonymous said...

Teh iWon's talkin' 'bout that new Zombie Navy, right?

...saves money on rations
...'splains the lack, in Congress, of braaaaains
no?

e~C

Anonymous said...

Did Ear Leader really mean Harvey Corpsman, the guy on Carol Burnett's show?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.