Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Reagan: Dump Reid

 Last speeches



Aside Recollection:
The last campaign speech I heard Ronald Reagan give was for Mitch McConnel.  It must have been in 1990, since McConnell's next reelection campaign (he won that 1990 race) was 1996.  Reagan's very last public speech was delivered on the occasion of his  83rd birthday, in  February of 1994.  On November 6th he penned the letter announcing that he has Alzheimer's disease, so yes, had to be 1994 that he did that McConnell gig I remember.

I watched it on C-Span, and had never heard of Sen. McConnell before. I guess I had a life. He looked like a goofy, nerdy bastid, but if RR spoke for  him, he was okay by me.  When it was over, I thought Ron had slipped a bit, just a bit, and that there would not be many more of these appearances. Never did I think this would be the last time I saw him live.

3 comments:

MitchM said...

What's sad is that Tarkanian is using RR to try to get elected. His mommy is a lib and he lies about his opponent. Nasty little piece of work.

Anonymous said...

Each generation must win anew it's freedom.
RAK

Anonymous said...

Whose mommy isn't a lib? This MitchM has the smell of demo-spammer about him. I don't know a lot about Tark, but I know plenty about Harry. As Churchill loved to say, "He has none of the vices I admire, and all of the virtues I abhor."

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.