Friday, June 25, 2010

Crime Television

self medication

Boned Jello
My DVR Contents

I've recently had a voracious appetite for crime story television.  In these matters I simply indulge myself without trying to analyze why.  Yesterday, however,  while watching  the law nail the identity of a serial killer, I felt a gusher of Seratonin hit my brain.  I was instantly filled with a sense of well being  A satisfying sense of order enveloped me. Why?  Self analysis was easy.

 I feel we're living in lawless times. Following the political scene as I do, I've become pretty hollow and emotionless much of the time.  Crime upon crime stack-up with no appropriate response.  The government is corrupt;  the media are corrupt; the courts are corrupt.  Here then are examples of things working the way they ought to.  People run, and are caught.   People lie, and have those lies meticulously exposed. People murder, and are executed.  Order is restored.   Good is still possible.  What a rush. 

4 comments:

Scott said...

I'm going to feel awful after posting this (I'm honestly not trying to kill your buzz) but Radley Balko of Reason.com has done some pretty stellar investigation into forensic science. The conclusion: a lot of it ain't necessarily science.

His reporting on "Dr." Stephen Hayne of Mississippi should do well enough to make your blood boil. But this story, about one of Hayne's compadres Dr. Michael West, will have you reaching for your hangin' rope: http://preview.tinyurl.com/arsfo4

Rodger the Real King of France said...

?? WTF do I care? Bad gets caught. Bad gets punished. Besides, I've pretty much stopped listening to "experts" on most anything.

Scott said...

?? WTF do I care? Bad gets caught. Bad gets punished.

Well, your blog and all... but isn't it kinda the point that the actually bad get caught and punished? Far be it from me to suggest that a prosecutor (whose success is determined by number of prosecutions) working hand-in-hand with law enforcement (who create forensic tests designed to support the charges they seek) might, perhaps, maybe tend to twist things in their favor.

Like I said, your blog. But my mistrust of Big Gov doesn't subside just because its representative wears a badge.

idahohunter said...

Bad gets caught? Bad get punished?
Yeah, and Unicorns eat oil slicks and piss gasoline.

WV; luering, as into a false sence of security`

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.