Friday, October 08, 2010

Mother Angelica

Canton event to celebrate
Mother Angelica's life and ministry


photoshopped Mother Angelica

 This is very much a niche market post; a story that JMcD sent me.  EWTN has replaced RFD-TV as my escape television channel.  When I have trouble sleeping I'll often turn it on.  What I did not know is that Mother Angelica founded EWTN in Birmingham in 1981 as the world’s first Catholic cable outlet, and hosted several of its programs.  If you need help saying the rosary, or want to watch Bishop Sheen, this is the spot. 

Ahem.   How about them Bears!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Canton. I know why she left.

Casca

I-RIGHT-I said...

I thought she was excommunicated for pushing the Mary co-redemptrix with Christ dogma on TV. I watched that show once.

Anonymous said...

Casca - I still live there.... send help

Squatcher

Anonymous said...

Sorry Squatch, each of us must carry his own cross.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Back in the '80's--'90's I used to go to parties with lots of booze and pot+other unlawful stimulants. It was common then to turn on the TV but leave the sound off, and I amused myself by tuning to a Mother Angelica show, then waiting....

This isn't going anywhere good.

Juice said...

Last Christmas season we went to our daughter-SIL's. While they were at work during the day, I discovered this channel and (as a protestant) fully enjoyed watching several hours each day (2-3 days). However... I never saw you Rodge in that habit sitting on that park bench. ;p
You cranky bastid!

DougM said...

Mother Angelica was not to be trifled with, however.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That's a good one, Doug!

I didn't know that, Rodge. I've caught Mother Angelica's show a few times. That kind of person could turn me back into a Catholic. I like her a lot.
GrinfilledCelt

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.