Monday, June 20, 2011

Send in the Clown - Jon Stewart

Send in the Clown

This is the appearance we’ve been waiting for – Comedy Central host Jon Stewart making an appearance on a Sunday morning national public affairs program, especially one on a network he so often ridicules.

On Sunday’s “Fox News Sunday,” with host Chris Wallace, “The Daily Show” host explained why he thinks Fox News is different from other news organizations which are criticized by some for being “as liberal as Fox News is conservative.”


 
-
   WALLACE: [Y]ou love to take shots at Fox News.
    STEWART: Yes I do.
    WALLACE: Over the years, you have called us –and we’re going to put this on the screen because this is heavy stuff: ‘A biased organization, relentlessly promoting an ideological agenda under the rubric of being a news organization.’
    STEWART: Rubric?
    WALLACE: And I think that was slightly the wrong use of the word – ‘a relentless agenda-driven, 24-hour news propaganda delivery system.’ Where do you come up with this stuff?
    STEWART: It’s easy when you feel it. You have to feel it in your soul.
    WALLACE: Well, here is the deal – are you willing to say the same thing about the mainstream media, ABC, CBS, NBC, Washington Post, New York Times?
    STEWART: No.
    WALLACE: Would you say the same thing about them that they are, in your words, a ‘propaganda-delivery system relentlessly pushing a liberal agenda’?
    STEWART: No, I wouldn’t say that.
    WALLACE: Why not?
    STEWART: MSNBC is attempting that. I think they’re attempting — they have looked at your business model and they have seen the success of it and I think they’re attempting to be a more activist organization.
    WALLACE: You don’t think The New York Times is a liberal organization now pushing a liberal agenda?
    STEWART: The New York Times – no. I think they are to a certain extent. Do I think they’re relentlessly activist? No. In a purely liberal partisan way? No, I don’t. I think this is — Fox is a very special.


Read more:


Jon Stewart is  the go-to news source for Obama's yuppie base.  I guess it's a good thing that he be be exposed to adults once in awhile.  Can't hurt.  There's nothing I can possibly add to that transcript.  Stewart, rest assured, and like Rachel Maddow, is honest in his conviction that he's right, and making sense.   There is this though, "Why Jon Stewart Is All the Rage" if you've never read it.


UPDATED  - The Brit's take on all this, and what Jon Stewart has in common with Bill Clinton

7 comments:

Jess said...

John Stewart has a high opinion of himself. Unfortunately, it isn't based on facts.

TimO said...

Dancing around on the head of a pin, there, John....

toadold said...

A typical example of how hard it is to know ones self let alone reality.
I'm always uneasy about my perception of what is real and what is not, but Democrats for the most part have no doubts. They are right and everybody else is wrong. When they had them, homes for the mentally ill were full of people who thought that. I knew a guy from the East Texas Piney woods who said that back in his little home town, he knew people whose idea of weekend entertainment was to put on old clothes and hunt skunks with butcher knives, he said he'd feel more contempt except that he was related to them and that made him uneasy about his own world view.
Excuse me I've got to put on some old clothes, sharpen my knife and go hunt some tort lawyers.

mperkins37 said...

OFF TOPIC, I was cruising the archives last month when my HD failed & took my desktop & Firefox prefs with it, since getting back up, I cannot get to the archives at all, what happened, & how do I get back to where I was. (I started at first post & got up to Jan 2010, when BLAMMO)....
Gotta start over.....

mperkins37 said...

As far as Jon Stewart, I stopped watching him about the time I stopped watching Letterman, & most other crap, couldn't stand the total bias.
Total self hating, US hating hypocrites.

Word Verification: Truse

Anonymous said...

When I asked the fish how the water was, he said "What water?"

Freddie Sykes

Anonymous said...

Has anyone bothered to tell Jon-Boy that NOBODY cares what he thinks? Give it up, Jon; go out and try to get a REAL job! Break a sweat for once in your life!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.