Friday, January 20, 2012

Brits - The Whole Lot




Cracking Good Stuff

 

It started with Top Gear (working on second viewing of all episodes).  That led to James May's Wine Adventures (13 episodes), then Wheeler Dealers (all episodes) all things Gordon Ramsey, then  Blackadder, then In Search of Shakespeare (4 episodes),  then  Monarchy (11 parts) and now The Tudors (on episode 8 of about 58), a slew of Brit films like Nana, Lamp in Assassin Mews, and The War Bride.

All of this has me with fork in the right hand (which is the left- like my Granny did), and learning proper English.  I am
convinced that I am The Real King of England. So, this American Digest deal immediately caught my eyes.

Maurice Franklin, Wood Turner

WYSIWYG
When rooms at Windsor Castle burnt out a few years ago, the Queen asked Maurice ....




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That old bitch should have been flogged long ago, and all her line hanged from the Tower Bridge.

Surely Bertie & Jeeves are at the beginning of your chronology.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Righto! might I recommend "She Fell Among Thieves"

-bfhogues

Anonymous said...

I'm with Casca, with Yes Minister and To the Manor Born thrown in. And Red Dwarf for silliness, once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I just remembered Rumpole of the Bailey and The Prisoner. Sux getting old.

Skoonj said...

Add Yes, Prime Minister and Brother Cadfael to the list.

Skoonj said...

And I, Claudius. Cadfael reminded me.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember The Bounder? Classic, and top of the charts, also you MUST see Porterhouse Blue.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Follow the link and read what Maurice said to the Queen!

Great putdown :-)

Anonymous said...

Rog. (RKOF),

I saw this and immediately blew the rest of the afternoon wathcing Wheeler Dealers.

JLW III

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I love the mechanic - I learn something every time I watch.

Anonymous said...

I bet you will love "Sandbaggers".

Available on Netflix.

Steve in Greensboro said...

"Good Neighbors" starring Richard Briers, Felicity Kendal, Penelope Keith.

"The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin"

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.