Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wine Whine

Algore Syndrome

Red-Wine Researcher Charged With 'Photoshop' Fraud
Dipak K. Das
 


A University of Connecticut researcher known for touting the health benefits of red wine is guilty of 145 counts offabricating and falsifying data with image-editing software, according to a 3-year university investigation made public Wednesday.

The researcher, Dipak K. Das, PhD, is a director of the university's Cardiovascular Research Center (CRC) and a professor in the Department of Surgery. The university stated in a press release thatit has frozen all externally funded research in Dr. Das's lab and turned down $890,000 in federal research grants awarded to him. The process to dismiss Dr. Das from the university is already underway, the university added.


Dr. Das replied in response:
"I became the Devil for the Health Center, and so did all the Indians working for me ... The evidence for conspiracy and racial hatred is overwhelming."


4 comments:

Helly said...

Rodge, I saw that story yesterday; found it strangely disturbing. And not because I had recently stocked 16 units of BLACK BOX merlot for the resveratrol health benefits. No, it was something deeper and more etherial.

This post clarifies everything for me. The anthro-carbo-thermo-pseudo-climatologists have been so successful in their organized criminal enterprise, they are attracting all scientists into fraudulent research.

That's why you are the World's Greatest Blogger and I'm just another retired scientist zoning on Longboat. Best of New Years to you and your'n.

David said...

Oh what next? I supposed that they are going to tell me that the studies that show dark chocolate, bacon and double cheeseburgers are good for me are faked also.

I think I will just start eating things that are bad for me and hoping that those reports are also fake.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

My god Helly, I feel like I was just kissed by a pit bull. :)

Best new year to you too.

Anonymous said...

Personally watched a fast food commercial being filmed once. They blew cigarette smoke through a straw to simulate hot food. They must have filmed the same 10 second scene over and over about 50 times. The amateur cigarette smoker was turning green at the gills by the time it was over.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.