Friday, August 23, 2013

Julia, Obama's avatar for today's leech.


Question of the Week: Who Is Your Favorite Political Cartoonist?

Res Ipsa Loquitor

 
Dan Mitchell axed that question last March.  I missed it then.  I also missed the Julia campaign. She's a make-believe leech created by the Obama campaign to show how big government can provide cradle-to-grave handouts. The full series can be found at this link.   He writes, "This gem about Obamanomics is the most-viewed professional cartoon in the history of this blog."    Just classic. I'll vote for Michael Ramirez. 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, Ramirez is one of the best ever. The bees knees of political cartoonists - he has prolific output with consistently skilled graphics and cutting wit right on target.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

Nothing makes my day more than seeing on the WaPo editorial page:

"Tom Toles is away."

I consider reading the WaPo as enemy recon.

JLW III

Anonymous said...

Ramirez took over from Cox and Forkum who took over from Jeff MacNelly.
Tim

Jason in KT said...

Ell-oh-vee-ee-dee Cox and Forkum. I was very sad to see their work end.

I like Steve Kelley, mostly because of memories of my first couple of months in San Diego when he did a radio show with Frank King. I was so thrilled to find conservative talk that wasn't angry, I listened every day and then...poof. Gone.

On the topic of uplifting conservative radio, I recommend Michael Berry.

iri said...

"Who are you?"

"I'm the girl you raised you fitful twit."

Anonymous said...

If GRAPHIC ARTIST is also considered "cartoonist," then iOWNTHEWORLD. In particular Big Fur Hat.

David said...

I'm still in denial, I click over to Cox and Forkum's website about once a week hoping there will be something new there...

iri said...

I pay no attention to that stuff. Life in Obama's America is cartoon enough for me.

security word: 21 A analPro

You gotta be shit'n me?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.