Monday, September 02, 2013

Rick and Kitty Beating the Man



Rick & Kitty Adventures


  Went to a couple's place last night for cocktails, after dinner.  This guy is a German, who took an early retirement working for US Forces in Europe, then "retired" at the age of 53 in Arizona.   Since then, he and his wife moved to Salinas, Ecuador....didn't like that (I could have told him) and now has been in Cuenca for a couple of years.  He is now 65.

Anyway....this guys is a TV nut.  He turned me on to HMA (Hide My Ass) VPN......... for a monthly fee you can re-route your IP  (actually, it gives you a new IP) through thousands of servers all over the world.  Right now, I'm operating through a proxy server in Miami..... after just leaving a server in Denver.

Res Ipsa LoquitorThe advantage there, is that a lot of content (about 90% of Netflix content) is restricted for distribution outside North America..... I just logged on to my Netflix account after hooking up to HMA..... and now 100% of the content is there!  The same holds true for PBS, the History Channel, etc....

Anyway, none of this helps any of you unless you are outside the country....but he did turn me on to two Android apps.  One for TV (Called TV Portal) and one for Movies (Movie Maze).  Through TV Portal, it looks like he can pull up pretty much any TV show that's been aired in the last few years.  Movie Maze is even more interesting.... he fired it up on his Toshiba Tablet, and started playing the new Mat Damon movie (Elysium), which is currently in theaters in the US. 

Since I had my Samsung Tablet stolen in Buenos Aires.... I'll have to rely on my Samsung phone for now.... but I'm going to give it a try in a few minutes.  Just thought you'd be interested in the VPN capability, AND the two Android apps (Apple might have similar apps, for all I know).

This guy really knows what he is doing, and he is DEATH on anything Apple.  On the other hand, I've run into people that are just as committed to Apple, and wouldn't have anything but.....


cuzzin ricky

Since Rick and I still have our teenage hair, it must be maternal genes.  Of course he is 30 tears my junior. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Whatever has been seen cannot be unseen !

Geo

Anonymous said...

erm// miss kitty is right handsome. lucky cousin ric

Craig Harrison

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.