Saturday, February 04, 2017

... offers pay for rioters at Trump rally

For the record .. 




Len Dawson takes a drag ,,




Manly Mann

Eating Pelosi For Lunch





Eating Pelosi For Lunch
           

                                     





“How Muslims define their own religion is of no interest to the Times. That would complicate the story too much. Readers might discover that Trump and Stephen Bannon are simply taking the authoritative definers of Islam at their word.




TELL  him you are a Muslim, tell him you are a Muslim,” Nancy Pelosi instructed Congressman Andre Carson at an anti-Trump rally on Monday, moments after she had just introduced him as a “Muslim member of Congress.” She apparently felt that the crowd hadn’t sufficiently gotten the point.

Pelosi normally rattles on about the dangers of “religion in politics,” but on Monday night she very much wanted religion in it — and not just any religion, but the most patriarchal of them. To see feminists hawking Islam so feverishly is an amusing spectacle, especially since a day or so later Pelosi had recovered her fear of religion in the public square and creeping Christian patriarchy. She cast Trump’s nomination of Neil Gorsuch as a gift to the religious right — one that imperils all women, not to mention those Americans who “breathe air, drink water, eat food, take medicine, or in any way interact with the courts.”

The story also informs readers that the Muslim Brotherhood is “largely nonviolent”
Pelosi’s comment, in sheer battiness, exceeds even Ted Kennedy’s histrionics over “Robert Bork’s America.” Kennedy envisioned Bork busting down bedroom doors, re-segregating lunch counters, forcing women into back alleys, and confiscating Darwin’s books, but he stopped short of accusing Bork of threatening to cut off people’s access to air.

At the very moment Pelosi and company forbid any criticism of Sharia law, they rip into Gorsuch as a “religious liberty zealot.” They mock those who worry about encroaching jihadists, then freak out over an Episcopalian judge.

[Full]

The media is forever demanding that Christians take a “serious look” at their religion’s lack of modern enlightenment, then declare any criticism of the Koran “Islamophobia.”

“A Sinister Perception of Islam Now Steers the White House,” blared a Thursday headline on the front page of the New York Times. Could anyone imagine it running an equivalent headline about Obama’s White House and Christianity — “A Sinister Perception of Catholicism Now Steers the White House”? Later, the paper changed “sinister perception” to “dark view of Islam.”

Whether or not leading imams hold a “sinister perception” of the West never figures into the story. Not a single one of their open declarations of jihad is quoted in the article. How Muslims define their own religion is of no interest to the Times. That would complicate the story too much. Readers might discover that Trump and Stephen Bannon are simply taking the authoritative definers of Islam at their word.

[...]The story contains such laughable paragraphs as:

[Critics of Islam] warn about the danger to American freedoms supposedly posed by Islamic law, and have persuaded several state legislators to prohibit Shariah’s use. It is a claim that draws eye rolls from most Muslims and scholars of Islam, since Muslims make up about 1 percent of the United States population and are hardly in a position to dictate to the other 99 percent.

How would the Times know that “most Muslims” roll their eyes at talk of Islamic influence in America? What omniscience the paper possesses. How convenient that “most Muslims” share the exact same sensibility as the reporters on the story. ....

 [FULL DELICIOUSNESS]

RIP CONNIE

"Worst Possible News"

Connie duToit

My beloved wife Connie passed away this afternoon at about 3pm, of a pulmonary embolism (blood clot on the lungs), brought on by her cancer. Her passing was sudden, but painless -- and if there's anything to be gained from this, it's that she was spared a long period of pain from the cancer that was killing her slowly.

She's survived by me, daughter Wendy (29), son David (26) and stepson Jack (27). Her funeral will probably be on Monday January 6, and will be for family only. (We are not given to big events, and would prefer just to keep it quiet.)

I will keep anyone who's interested up to date on what happens to me, but life goes on, and so will I. Please forgive the mass mailing, but I couldn't face the thought of writing the same kind of letter to the dozens of people who knew and loved my wife.

Best wishes to all.
Kim