|
I beg to differ with the chap who placed this #7 on the Top 10 Miscast Movie Roles. It's a no-contest Numero-uno. My college room-mate Jerry Bowman and I snuck into the Beltsville Drive-In
(now a Costco Store) to see this piece of crap. After about 30
minutes we experienced buyer's remorse, and snuck back out. It's a tribute to
Duke that this role didn't kill him.
|
|
"I laughed, I cried, I choked on my fermented mare's milk."
ReplyDeleteThere's speculation that the role did kill him.
ReplyDeleteBlogDog, one can learn the most interesting bits of information here.
ReplyDeletemary
I always wondered about the source of the slang word "jamoka".
ReplyDeleteA decent list, and some good suggestions in the comments, but they missed what has to be one of the all-time worsts: Martin Sheen as Robert E. Lee in Gettysburg.
ReplyDeleteAnd Susan Hayward as Mrs. Mongol.
ReplyDeleteYurt yurt yurt that's hilarious!
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick
Yep,
ReplyDeleteI can forgive John Wayne many things,
but not "Ishtar Goes to Mongolia."
Interesting about the fallout thing, though.
RE: Ms. Hayward: "She is wuh-man. MUCH wuh-man!"
ReplyDeleteI want to note the passing of Dennis Hopper. I can't think of a single movie he made that I didn't like. R.I.P. and a special prayer Dennis.
ReplyDeleteI love movies and my favorite scene of all time, hands down THE BEST IMHO, was in True Romance with Christopher Walken and Hopper
ReplyDelete"....yeah, years ago, your great, great, great, grandmother f____d a n____r, yeah....you're part eggplant." wow, Hopper was great, how many guys will out shine Walken in a scene?
Travel well Dennis
MM
Radiation? Or Wayne's two pack a day habit? ---drummermanrick
ReplyDelete