|
| “
|
A political leader in Maryland is under fire
because of the name of a family pet.
Diana Waterman, the newly elected
First Vice Chairman of the state Republican Party, has a black Angus
cow named "Oprah."
According to the Baltimore Sun, the issue came to light on a recent
Facebook posting when the cow birthed a calf.
The Sun says the posting caught the attention of
Sveinn
Storm, who runs a Queen Anne's County-focused blog called "Pave Our
County?"
Storm criticized Waterman's naming the cow after the African-American
talk show host who has struggled with her weight. Storm say
that's
"precisely why an enormouse number of Americans view Republicans as
racists." [Full
story]
|
” |
Who is
the only racist in this story? That's exacto-mundo, per usual.
|
El
Jefe
|
Jeeze, Sveinn Storm has a beef about naming a cow?
ReplyDeleteVaht a schvine hundt! < /bad_german_accent>
Growing up on the farm, I raised a "pet" pig that I called Pork Chop. Nobody accused me of racism.
ReplyDeleteOf course this was long before Michelle Obama became a nutritional expert and our national food moralist.
So now I would show more sensitivity in pet naming.
Oh fer cryin' out loud!
ReplyDeleteMOO!
Get over it.
I've got a wart named "Obama", is anybody offended by that? Good.
ReplyDeleteAWM
"...Storm say that's "precisely why an enormouse number of Americans view Republicans as racists."
ReplyDeleteI guess he couldn't afford a spell-checker or grammar aid?