FOROOHAR: I
fundamentally
don’t see any proof in the last 20 years that tax cuts have really
created growth.
There’s just not a
lot of evidence that this works. And
really, if you look back historically, businesses don’t invest because
of low tax rates. They invest because they find new ideas and an
environment in which they think that they can make money. I do also
think that it’s important, if we are gonna have tax cuts, that we
figure out a way to pay for it, because otherwise you end up running up
the deficit, which is exactly, actually, what happened during the
Reagan era.
RUSH:
There it is. It’s classic. That is purebred denial and ignorance.
(imitating Foroohar) “I fundamentally don’t see any proof in the last
20 years that tax cuts have really created growth.” Really? “And I
don’t think businesses, just ’cause they have more money, that’s not
why they invest, you can’t count on that. Businesses suck anyway. And
then, we’re gonna really find a way to pay for it and we’re gonna run
up the deficit which is exactly what happened in the Reagan era.” No,
no, no. The deficit came down in the Reagan era. It’s Obama who blew
the deficit and national debt out of the water.
One more audio sound bite from this babe from the Financial Times. She
was on CNN around noontime today. Her name is Rana Foroohar. This is
the sound bite where she says that the home mortgage deduction is
really, really not good.
FAROOHAR:
(laughing)
Well, okay, first of all, yeah, great, if we could do it on a postcard,
awesome, not holding my breath for that. I will say that, you know,
when you talk to both individuals and businesses, they’ll say that the
complexity, the sheer complexity of the U.S. tax code, even more than
the rate, is really an issue for people. Deductions are a big issue
too. I mean, I think it’s really important that we start closing some
of these loopholes, particularly unproductive kinds of tax subsidized
debt for both individuals and corporations.
Everybody loves the
mortgage interest deduction, but, frankly, it encourages all of us to
buy McMansions. Not a great thing.
RUSH: Who the hell does she
think
is her audience? How many people watching CNN are out buying
McMansions? Does this woman have no ability to relate? You know, she
lives in this media bubble, and it does exist. But the problem is they
live on the Upper West Side, if they’re in Manhattan, or they live down
in the Village and they think everybody’s doing great, everybody’s
doing fine. They don’t understand what life is like in the Rust Belt.
They didn’t understand why Trump had support out there, and they’re
stunned.
Not if NY grabs her first.
ReplyDeleteFoobar has a B.A. in English literature and she's an "assistant managing editor" for Time Magazine. All six pages of it. Wow.
ReplyDeleteNow them there are some real credentials to opine on national finance and economics. Her parents are Iranian?
OK. More credentials toward her credibility.
Why on earth would any news network give her any air time? She reads the Narrative well. OK. I give up.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick
I wonder if her parents knew that "Rana" is Spanish for "frog"?
ReplyDelete