scream-of-consciousness;
"If you're trying to change minds and influence people it's probably not a good idea to say that virtually all elected Democrats are liars, but what the hell."
Pages
▼
Sunday, April 30, 2017
WHERE DID THIS HAPPEN?
American Experience; Woody Wilson Saga II
I
watched this Friday. As much as I like American history, Woody
Wilson
has always disinterested me. I think because, growing up, all the
WW1
movies were sepia toned, full of mud, and nightmarish. WWII movies were
like John Wayne. Plus, I
saw Woodrow Wilson's place in history as one of failure. His League of
Nations plan, thankfully stopped by a resurgent GOP congress, was a predictable boondoggle (see United Nations). Also,
after Wilson
had a stroke his wife Edith became, quite illegally, the defacto
President. And things went to hell.
Now, I post this only because I'm compelled to; not because I suspect
anyone will waste part of their Sunday on it. Which is too bad,
because the nation under post war Wilson was in much the same
predicament we find ourselves in today. I mean, the United States
was
ripe for bloody rebellion and civil war.
"Where
Did This Happen?"
The wife was washing/waxing the adjacent kitchen floor and listening to
the
dialog. At one point she called in, "Where did this happen?
You get the point.
Of course Wilson was a self-described "progressive."
I've found that our tastes are almost identical when it comes to documentaries, NETFLIX and Movies Please publish concise list someday. I'm always searching for something interesting to watch and you virtually never fail on your picks.
Wilson was a white Buraq Uhbama - a racist, big government, anti-Constitution socialist, and arrogant. However, unlike Buraq, Wilson had a real resume, including a PhD and he, unlike Buraq, really was a college professor. We can thank Wilson for the income tax, the Federal Reserve, both stealing our money for a hundred years now, and Senators no longer answerable to nor representing their states. Oh, yeah - and 120,000 Americans dead and hundreds of thousands more maimed in a war between European royal inbreds, to quench Wilson's thirst for a New World Order. Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick
Everyone always talks about if they could go back in time they would kill Hitler as a baby. I'd be more inclined to shoot Woody in the face while he was just a professor.
"h, yeah - and 120,000 Americans dead and hundreds of thousands more maimed in a war between European royal inbreds, to quench Wilson's thirst for a New World Order."
After running on a "He kept us out of war!" re-election campaign.
I've found that our tastes are almost identical when it comes to documentaries, NETFLIX and Movies
ReplyDeletePlease publish concise list someday. I'm always searching for something interesting to watch and you virtually never fail on your picks.
many years ago i was given, and read, the Wilson biography "When the Cheering Stopped."
ReplyDeletei found it quite interesting.
Wilson was a white Buraq Uhbama - a racist, big government, anti-Constitution socialist, and arrogant. However, unlike Buraq, Wilson had a real resume, including a PhD and he, unlike Buraq, really was a college professor.
ReplyDeleteWe can thank Wilson for the income tax, the Federal Reserve, both stealing our money for a hundred years now, and Senators no longer answerable to nor representing their states. Oh, yeah - and 120,000 Americans dead and hundreds of thousands more maimed in a war between European royal inbreds, to quench Wilson's thirst for a New World Order.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick
Kevin: In the SEARCH THIS BLOG box above type "cinema"
ReplyDeleteEveryone always talks about if they could go back in time they would kill Hitler as a baby. I'd be more inclined to shoot Woody in the face while he was just a professor.
ReplyDelete"h, yeah - and 120,000 Americans dead and hundreds of thousands more maimed in a war between European royal inbreds, to quench Wilson's thirst for a New World Order."
ReplyDeleteAfter running on a "He kept us out of war!" re-election campaign.
Progressives get to do that ..
ReplyDelete