Tuesday, January 24, 2006

*snif*
Maryland lost their leading scorer, and only consistent player yesterday when Chris McCray was ruled ineligible.  He didn't maintain his grades.  More distrubing to me is  his mother's attitude.
"They make sure he goes to practice; they should have made sure his grades and things were straight for him to be eligible," she said. "I'm not only going to fault Chris; I'm going to fault everyone up there. I knew when [former assistant] Dave Dickerson was there, if anything like this would have happened, they would have called me and let me know."
McCray is a 22 year old senior.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf, with the education assistant (tutor) that is assigned to each athlete, it is unbelievable that this could happen! Course, we have the same thing happening here at KU with CJ Giles... he just thinks he is above having to do it.

His mother reminds me of the gal on 20/20 Stoessel program who said "my son is 18 and can't read!" Now, whose fault is that? doh!

wmprof

Anonymous said...

I'm tellin' ya...I'm thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to home schooling! This article is just one more reason why there are more and more home schoolers...
*insert rant*/<

LadyMac

sorry for the snotty but short reply...my oldest dog is very, very sick and I've been under my desk with him all day...When he finally drank chicken soup and water I logged on to read news...which just pissed me off...so I clicked here...and...um...you know the rest...

Best to ya...............

Anonymous said...

Kid can't read. Fer goodness sakes!!! What's a mother to do?

Spunky Texan said...

You found Mickey Moore's long lost brother!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.