Friday, May 04, 2007

Oprah Inventions

My Plan For The Square Pan

Plllt.

I'm likely the only person reading this that watches Oprah with any regularity.  Well, only person who pees standing up.  It's MoSup's fav show, so we watch while we eat (TiVO).  Most of the time I skedaddle after I finish eating, like Wednesday's "victims" show.  This woman had been on before.  She went jogging one morning; returned 20 minutes later to discover that her husband had killed her children, and then himself in an ultimate act of hatred. I don't watch that stuff.  Yesterday was more my style. 

Oprah's audience selected from eight finalists the winner of QVC's contest for the best new product invention of 2007.  The first one up was that collapsible square pan.  It pissed me off, at myself.  Every time I use a round spring form cake pan I wish they had square pans that would also open.  I could have invented this deal in a heartbeat, but didn't.

As soon as I saw it, I pronounced it the winner.  MoSup wanted to wait for the other 7, but then she too picked the pan.  So did the  audience.  That woman is going to be rich, because even I'll buy one. 

Damn.  I coulda been a contender.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea pan! Me likey.

I don't watch Oprah, but I know the jogging story because that's where we lived when it happened. She was a local veterinary. We also had the fine pitch fork killer of five children, Steven Stayner and later his brother Cary Stayner. Lovely little piece of America: Merced, CA.

Anonymous said...

Jesus, I guess if I lived in the Central Valley, I'd have to kill something too. The heat is murder.

Shit Rog, you can do better than that hinged POS. Make a rectangular springform. Cheaper too.

Anonymous said...

Bet I could use one of my wife's spring-form panns she uses for cheesecake...perfect (round) lasagna! Probably be happier than when I melted the cerrosafe in the old percolator when chamber casting that old rolling block.....

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.