Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nazi Captives

Escape from bad performances

After watching the Redskins for as long as I could stomach them, against the Giants, I was in no mood for sissy boys wearing Maryland basketball uniforms getting cornholed by Georgetown bullies.  So, where do we go to escape unpleasant events?  That's right.  The Hitler Channel.  I hadn't missed too much of Shot From the Sky, a docudrama about B-17 pilot Paul Roy Allen's odyssey, after being shot down over France in 1944.  Hidden by a 21 year-old French school teacher, betrayed by French snitch, tortured in Paris by the SS, sent to Buchenwald,  condemned to the crematorium after getting double pneumonia,  etc.  Not a dull moment, and  I recommend it.  If you do watch it, see if you don't agree that the script all but declares some heavy fraternization went on between Allen the the pert little teacher?  I bet the widow Allen caught it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rog, you link to the UK site, and I can't find the program on History.com. How do you get this program, sat?

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

This is the damnedest thing! I know I watched it, but now I can't find any mention of it on History, History International, Nat Geo, Discovery ... NONE of them. Only the UK site. WTF??

Anonymous said...

This says it played today (Sunday) at 6:00 PM on the "Military History Channel"....

http://military.history.com/

Rodger the Real King of France said...

It's on now and will repeat once more at Noon, EST, on the Military Channel. Man of Steel at 10:30 and 4:30 today is also the best look at Stalin I've seen. He made Hitler look like a monk. I can ever look at Beria or Himmler without thinking "Waxman."

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.