Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Don Obama

Ruh Roh: Emmanuel Approached Blagojevich 
Don Obama's Toll Booth?


After reading and hearing so many matter of fact admissions about how politics in Illinois is a matter of dynastic succession (including Rahm Emmanuel's appointment to Blagojevich's House seat, which in turn was an appointment to fill jailed Dan Rostenkowski's seat...), I just can't image why anyone would think it was a sensitive matter for a presidential candidate to put the fix in for his preferred successor.

That's from Anatreptic blog, which post goes on to explain that "Don Obama is violating the code. A favor for a favor, but he offers nothing to Don Blagojevich."
I understand. You found paradise in America. You had a good trade, made a good living, the media protected you and there were courts of public opinion and you didn't need a friend like me. But, now you come to me and you say "Don Blagojevich, do me a favor." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. Instead, you come into my home on the day my phone is tapped and you ask me to do Chicago politics so you can keep your hands clean.
Perfect.  H/T Thing From Snowy Mountain

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rollin down the street,
smokin' indo,
sippin on gin and juice.
Laid back.
With my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Anonymous said...

And if Don Soetoro has all the mass media and the DNC in his pocket, he must share . . . he must let us draw from the well. It’s only fair, and after all, we are not communists . . . . OH! Wait . . . . . .

Anonymous said...

Lets get a real good seat for the fireworks... goodseat

Anonymous said...

When in Chicago, Rahm Emmanuel always stays at "Big Dick's Halfway Inn"

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.