Sunday, January 25, 2009

Philips Home Theater

A Sound Buy


Lord knows I've bought a whole bunch of crap from Woot.  In fact. most all of it was crap I didn't need, couldn't use, or didn't work like I hoped.  I'm not blaming Woot - caveat emptor, and all that.  Maybe I'm bi-polar. The Philips Home Theater deal  is something I did good. 

The low price (Amazon is offering it for $453.76) reflects, IMO, the fact that the DVD player is not Blue-Ray.  That doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I'm not saying the sound equals Bose, but I don't really know.  I do know that I'm  able to watch many movies without TV EARS ( a good thing since I broke my head phones) or captions, because the fidelity is so clean and sharp.  Plenty of inputs/outputs for other devices, FM/AM radio, and an iPod Dock included.  Very, very smartly engineered. This has the SHLONG seal of approval.  Unless it breaks before I croak.
Philips DVD Home Theater System
You ordered 1 Philips HTS6600 DVD Home Theater System.
which each cost    $199.99
for a subtotal of    $199.99
plus shipping    + $5.00
for a total of    $204.99
PS -I hope you appreciate the chance I'm taking, telling you this.  I told MoSup it cost $19.95.  Shhhh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same one in my bedroom. Don't lose that damn Ipod dock interconnect cable. If I rememeber right, it's an eight pin, and phillips is stupid and can't find the damn one to send me.

Jeff Marquardt said...

How do 2 speakers and a sub surround anything? They shouldn't be able to put "surround sound" on the box! They should call it what it is a stereo with bass!
www.GetDtvReady.com

Anonymous said...

Maybe it come with four naked women to surround you while you watch pron.
ozaoB

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Blindfolded, you'd be hard pressed to tell the diffrence. Technology, lad.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.