Friday, March 06, 2009

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Curbed
Larry David


Since I've had the free HBO package trial, my morning ritual includes watching the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode recorded the night before.  These can get so intensely annoying that sometimes I have to walk away for a few hours.  But this is good for me, because no matter what schmucks I run into that day,  they will pale in comparison to what I've just witnessed.

The show's creator, writer, and star is  Larry David, who wrote and developed Seinfeld  (George Costanza is his alter-ego), is a comic genius, and in a class with Neil Simon as a writer.  Ann Coulter thinks that Larry  has to be a closet conservative, given the backhanded skewering liberals get on the show. Maybe that's why he divorced  ex-wife Laurie David, a first class commie bitch.

Anyway, this morning's fare, "Beloved Aunt," is a prime example.  Here's a short clip. (NSFW)
When Cheryl's aunt dies, Larry is left in charge of the obituary. But when the newspaper makes an unfortunate typographical error, things take an expected turn for the worse.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...to add to the brilliance, the show is unscripted. they just use a general outline.

BlogDog said...

When Graham Greene's "Travels With My Aunt" was made into a movie, the same typo was in an advertisement. Greene is reported to have said, "This my first chance to outsell Harold Robbins."
He amy have been a lefty but he was a great wit.

Turing word: ericin
The online version of the fatal castor bean toxin.

Juice said...

Any word smiths?
How many words are out there with such impact for the sake of one mistaken letter?

Anonymous said...

This show looks sooo good that I wish I still had TV and HBO to watch it....Just shows they can produce really good programming if they want to.

Anonymous said...

Reminded me of one of the better rants I've heard: Crazy Susie.

Anonymous said...

I think it was laurie's face the reason ...

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.