Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Census questions

Census Dog
Get one of these

I'm sure Michelle Bachman (R MN) isn't the only Republican in congress who is ALWAYS true to conservative principles.  Just the only one I can think of off hand.
  Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann says she's standing by her opposition to parts of the U.S. Census, despite pleas by her Republican colleagues to support it.

The 6th District Republican says recent computer attacks show the danger of collecting large amounts of personal data. Some census questions gather information on things like income and lifestyle.  [here]
Lot's of "her Republican colleagues" stinkin' the place up though.   I remember going through this in 2000.  A neighbor was our census taker, and I said, Dan, all you get is name and serial number.  Period.  Told me later he answered the questions for me so I wouldn't run afoul of the Clinton  census police.  Yes, a Liberal.  He's dead now, so we'll get a new guy who prolly won't know me.  I figure the best way to handle it is like this.

Census Guy:  "Do you speak English?
Me, in my best Welsh: "Cachu bant ti cachu mes ."
Census Guy: "Are you German?  Sprechen Sie Deutsch?"
Me (shrug shoulders, point to me, and then to MoSup): "Mae dy fam yn llyfu cociau mul."
 At this point I point menacingly at the door, and get my illegal alien dispensation.
Pricks.

11 comments:

Kristophr said...

Went through that crap.

"Two adults living here. No slaves."

Sent a nice old lady first, and then a slightly threatening supervisor. Told him I would see him in court when he threatened me with a fine.

Never heard back from them.

K-nine said...

I wonder if that would work with Irish gaelic as well? Sadly all I really know how to say is cheers and happy Christmas. Maybe if I look really stern when I do it...

Rodger the Real King of France said...

.
D'anam don diabhal
.

Anonymous said...

An opportunity to practice one's whimsy and poetic license.

Bobby Ahr

Anonymous said...

I half-assed filled out their form but where it asked for personal or info I didn't want them to have I left it blank. Never heard a thing back. They have no legal right to it and I cannot be compelled to. F-em all!

Bolivar

Chuck Martel said...

BHO Minion: "What is your race?"

Me: "I'm sorry, I don't speak English."

BHO Minion: "You are speaking English right now."

Me: "No, I only know how to say, 'I don't speak English' in English."

K-nine said...

Tá tú glan as do mheabhair

Thanks Rodge, I knew I could count on you.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

10 Chuck!

Anonymous said...

Give the unknown number of laws and regulations, I think we should all have a policy of only identifying ourselves when questioned by authority. Then take the 5th Amendment stating that you would be willing to answer any question once you receive complete use immunity from the city, county, state and federal thugs.

Laurence

David said...

Every time a form asks for my race - I write in "human"

If they ask for ethnic background I write in "Mutt".

Kevin said...

"Shit hollow you shit acorns"
"He is being he covers mother licking thrust mule"

ROFLMFAO

(translations by translation-guide.com)

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.