Saturday, August 01, 2009

Stealing Woot's Content

Stealing content

Woot!  I love'em.  I want to believe their segue into selling today's Invicta watch is in response to this. The traveling OJ Simpson jury's insane  $675K judgment against a college student, for downloading and sharing 30 songs. Because now, thanks to the The Recording Industry Association of America, and the courts, you can't include even a 10 second soundtrack clip of Dion and the Belmonts on your YouTube video.  The AP has already made rumblings about disallowing use of any of their content, so you can see where this script's heading.  They're  all on my  list, and with the Barn Army practicing secret maneuvers as I speak, your time is just about up. And I mean all ratbastard canker blossoms. All.

As an aside, I actually had Henry Waxman in my dream last night.  I can't remember what was going on, but it had nothing to do with warm summer nights on a sandy beach.  A dark dream hangover persists.  Is this what they call hearing voices in your head?  Oh my.

6 comments:

badanov said...

Rodge: It is much simpler to find out their source of information, usually a website of some sort, then rewrite those news releases. You're not doing anything they don't do, and you are giving them competition, something they can't stand anyways.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

ok bad

Anonymous said...

re: dream. Were you fitting a noose?
Wishing you sweet dreams, Rodger.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I don't know ... I was agitated enough to awake, but as often happens the details had slipped away. Maybe I cut his head off and wanted to wash that memory away? But I'm damned pissed that these bastids are now intruding into my dream state.

Anonymous said...

Well if you planned on having bacon with breakfast, his pig face would be certain cause for dream hangover, NTM, nausea.
juice

Anonymous said...

ok -- no more chili-dog jalepeno pork chop pizzas after 4pm

e~C

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.