Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Annoying thing # 152

Avast Ye Bloody Popups
Avast! message popups driving you nuts?


 I use Avast! anti-virus (free basic version), and it can't be beat.  Except.  Twice a day a popup window announces there are updates available. In auto update, or manual mode another popup says "Downloading Updates.  Then, another Popup announces  "Updates Installed"  Why am I saying all this?   If you use Avast! you know what I mean; if you don't, you left already.

Anyway, when it happened the second time today I flipped out. Either I stop them, or I'm unloading Avast! and finding something else.  After spending about 30 minutes reading Googled gripes with no solution, I found it.  It has to be new dammit, cause I spent an hour on this before.  Anyway, here it is. 

Right click avast  ... left click
...  -->program settings -->Update (basic) -->  Details

The default update interval was 240 minutes.  I changed it to 4320 minutes (every third day).  Tick silent running mode, and untick everything else (I did allow for reboot message).  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.