Friday, October 30, 2009

New Monitor

a 5" difference is a big difference


 I bought this dirt cheap ($95) Dell 22'' monitor from Woot earlier this week (it's analog), and the FEDEX guy was here at 8AM with it.  It's blowing me away .. literally.  I tried moving it to the back of my desk, but still too big, and too bright.  I'm not complaining by the way, just surprised at the difference 5" can make.  I think it may be overpowering my graphics card a bit, since  everything has slowed down.  Reminds me of when I put three deuces (Holly) on my 1950 Ford.  Had to buy an electric fuel pump to keep up.  Then I started breaking rear axles so fast  (over torqued) that I kept a supply in the trunk.  I may have stepped in it here too, by not knowing my place.  Got uppity.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take it off your hands. I bought one of those acer netbooks.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Oh, no. I'm tuning it and already love it. Woot Woot Woot Woo!

Jacques said...

you are tooo old, really, I remember my first 19" CRT that cost a fortune...

SondraK, Lympian Slayer said...

...I'm not complaining by the way, just surprised at the difference 5" can make...

Anonymous said...

My new girlfriend says that I have 5" more than her ex ! She is quite pleased with the upgrade also : ) smibsid

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I made the mistake of saying, "Five inches more and I'd be a king." MoSup - "Five inches less and you'd be a queen."


bitch

Rodger the Real King of France said...

By the by, I tracked down that I'd been using the wrong graphics driver for a lonnnnng time. Now everything's just swell.

BlogDog said...

I remember how hard a sell (and I wasn't even selling them) it was to get people to move to a 17" monitor when 14 and 15 " monitors were the norm. I couldn't get friends to see how much more desktop real estate there was with the step up.
Now, I look at my 24" iMac and think "Day-um these things are out in 27" now!"

Alear said...

If the queen had balls, she'd be king

Anonymous said...

You had a '50 Shoebox Ford? No shit? Photos, please.

Dan Patterson
Arrogant Infidel

Flyfish said...

After purchasing a new pc with some serious balls (i7 CPU, GTX285 video card, 9G ram) I also upgraded to dual 23" LG monitors. Now I have desktop real estate!

Anonymous said...

MoSup wins - best reply, evah!!

(My original MacSE30 with a 9" black&white CRT sits quietly on the corner of my desk... still works after all these years.)
--Jack

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.