Monday, November 02, 2009

Genius stuff

I've been thinking

I'd buy one of these scooters today, as is.  Rollover for a larger size; click the pic for Old Picture of the Day, a blog that - you know.  Looking at this picture summoned another idea, one I've had for awhile.  Of course there will be no obvious connection.

Here's what I'd like to see.  I'd like to see the next summer Olympics awarded to, for example, Annapolis, MD.  I'm using it because I know what facilities are available, but it could be be virtually any city in the civilized world.  Here's what would happen.

Construction:  None.

That's s right.  The Summer Olympics are held in Annapolis, and there is not one farthing spent in preparation.  Outdoor events will be held in the Naval Academy stadium, or the community college grounds.  Various school gymnasiums will be pressed into service, swimming events in the Academy pool, or in the Severn River.  Boating events - duh. No tickets sold.  Anyone with a camera can record, or transmit any event.   Wait.  Maryland will have to make one concession.  The right to carry will have to be extended to Marylanders, who will then function as self security.  It will be a boon for area restaurants, hotels, etc., but anyone who wants to pitch a tent may do so on designated campsites.  Anyone who wants to sell food, or serve beverages, can.  What will the Olympic Committee receive?  Not a nickel; only kudos for going clean.

I'm not kidding.   It's how I would run things.  Oh one more throwback.  Olympians have to compete nude.  Except wrestlers.  French swimmer Laure Manaudou would agree, I think.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Except wrestlers."

Because that'd be Gay ;-)

Anonymous said...

"Because that'd be Gay"


Only if eye contact is made or balls touch.

Anonymous said...

The Fine Sport of Wrastling

DougM said...

I'd give the hammer throwers a jock ... and the hurdlers ... and the long-distance runners (I mean, geeze!) ... and the under-18 girls gymnasts (hey, there are enough pervs already).

JMcD said...

Those scooters are cute....but will they go..Puh-Tay-Duh-Puh-Tay-Duh-Puh-Tay-Duh-Puh-Tay-Duh-Puh-Tay-Duh?

JMcD said...

Puh-Tay-Duh-Puh-Tay-Duh
Sound of a Harley.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.