Friday, November 06, 2009

A sniffer

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF
A VERY SPECIAL COMPANION.

 Marc Miller sent this yesterday ...


I, your ever-faithful companion because of my burden of my illness upon me, I realize the end of my life is near, so I hereby leave you my words for my Last Will and Testament. I have little to give you in a material way.  So many of your human companions strive for material gain.  You know how this divides families at the end.  There is nothing that I have to bequeath except my love and faith.  These I leave to all those who have loved me.

I ask for my owners to remember me always; but not to grieve for me too long.  All my life I have tried to be a comfort to them in sorrow and in indeed joy in their life’s happiness.  It is very painful for me to think that even in death, I am causing them pain.

Let them know that I have had a wonderful life but now I am growing ill and have much pain.  I should not want my pride to sink to humiliation.  It is time for me to say “Goodbye.”  It will be very sorrowful to leave you but; not a sorrow for me to die. Animals do not fear death as humans do.  We accept this as part of our lives.  What will become of me after death?  I will be in a place where I will always be young.  A place that will be a paradise for me.  Some people call that “Heaven” Yes, animals have souls.  God has a special place in heaven just for us.
 
 I have another request.  Please find another animal to be at your side.  I know no one can take my place, but I will feel better knowing you are taking special care of another pet.  I will leave that pet my leash, or my collar.  My favorite pillow, or the special place in the car. It would be a poor tribute to me, if no one ever followed me.

One last word of farewell dear ones…Whenever you think of me say to yourself that I was the one you loved; and how much you loved me.  No matter how deep my sleep, I shall hear you and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail. May the angels always watch over you as they watch over me.  Remember…I will always be with you in love.


Written by Rev. Renee Karen, Non-denominational Minister

9 comments:

SoylentGreen said...

That was a great and inspiring Last Will and Testament - presumably endorsed by Reagan the Wonder Dog. However, I have changed the species and inserted it almost verbatim into my own Last Will and Testament - just in case. Hell, I don't have any money either.
Thanks for sharing, King.

Anonymous said...

Damn these eye sweats. So sorry Rog.

Plowboy

Anonymous said...

If we lost our little Seamus our hearts would break to pieces. Will try to remember this one at that time.
Juice

Anonymous said...

I hope to be half the man my dog thinks I am...

BlogDog said...

"I appear to be leaking ocular fluid."
-Kang (or maybe Kodos, I can't tell them apart)

Anonymous said...

Have switched from Kleenex to a paper towel....

Ad rem....

Anonymous said...

In the last months of her life, my mother wrote me a letter, which I still have twenty one years later.
I all her agony, she still put others first, ending her letter with "Remember…I will always be with you in love. Always."
Seeing that in your post tore me up Rodger. Mothers and dogs offer unconditional love, and for that they are forever blessed.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

pdwalker said...

All dogs go to Heaven.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't respond from work today because I knew I couldn't keep my eyes dry. Your loss reopens my wounds. When I say I feel your pain, I mean it.

If our pets don't get to go to Heaven, I'm not interested.

Seriously.

AWM

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.