Thursday, December 31, 2009

It was a very bad year

...and never come back!

Curmudgeonly & Skeptical

I shan't miss 2009. It's been the worst year of my life, and many of you surely feel the same about the overthrow of our Republic.   2010 promises to be worse in many ways, thanks to 2009's pranks.  Still, Ill take my joy where I can find it, and 2010 promises endless happiness of the schadenfreudal type.  Here are but 2½ harbingers of things in store for our domestic terrorists. There are hundreds more in the air.
  1. Democrat and prominent political handicapper Charlie Cook, publisher of "The Cook Political Report", responding to a question from the host of MSNBC's "Hardball With Chris Matthews" last week:"I would not be surprised to see no Republican incumbent, House or Senate, lose…" in the 2010 mid-term elections. Smart cookie… [comment on Dem recruits continue to head for exits]
  1. Not five minutes after MoSup related a conversation with her friend, I read this.  Except for the names, they are nearly identical.Hard core 'crats who are reluctantly, oh so reluctantly, realizing what they've wrought.

14 comments:

gregor said...

It has been the year of the suck on all fronts, political and personal.
Happy New Year, Rog, I wish and hope for nothing but the best for you, MoSup and the rest of the Barn Army.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

back atch gregor, and to all the troops.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to that building instance of collective clarity out there on the horizon when the American polity vent their inner Walter Sobchak. "You want a toe? I can get you a toe."

Casca

Chris in NC said...

First and foremost, Happy New Year Rodger! Hope you and MoSup have a great 2010. Ditto to the readers here.

As for the next election, democrats cheat. None of this will matter. They will keep every seat and then take a few others using multiple votes, dead voters, illegals, etc.

The only thing that's going to stop that is a revolution. That won't happen because of the pussification of this country.

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

Agreed! 2009 was one of the worst. 2010 will only be work a damned if Congress gets its clock cleaned in November. My best to you and the missus.

Skip said...

Been lurking here for quite awhile and wishing I was a member of the Barn Army.
Got lotsa guns and ammo and ready for the transition from Tea Party to 'Fuck this, that's enough'.
Somewhere, soon, they will start shoving in the last straw and we will start all over again.
To you and yours, I hope you can make something out of the new year.
Tip a little Makers for us.

Kim said...

I with you, Rodge. Although I suspect that 2010 is going to suck even more horribly, as the bills start coming due.

Kim said...

Happy New Year, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rodger. May congressional catharsis arrive in 2010.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

SondraK, Lympian Slayer said...

Well *I'm* stealing Hope and Change for 2010.

Oh. And my turning word was "prestio". STG. I have no idea what it means but wow.

Anonymous said...

...Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f-----g amateurs...
I hope it's a better one for us all.
RAK

"ourefort" Must be a sign.

MiketheRadioMan said...

Wishing you, MoSup, and all of the Barn Army a blessed and prosperous New Year. I just lurk mostly, but if anybody needs backup in the Republic of Texas, you can call on me.

pdwalker said...

On the other hand, you've been a voice of reason in a world that's gone insane.

Thanks RKOF! You're pretty bloody good medicine.

Anonymous said...

Now Baby, listen Baby, don't you treat me this a way.
Cuz I'll be back on my feet some day.
Don't care if you do cuz it's understood,
You ain't got no brains, you just ain't no good.
Well, I guess since you said so,
I'll have to pack my things and go.

That's right.
Hit the road, Barak,
And don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.
Hit the road, Barak,
And don't you come back no more.

I can't wait to sing that on January 20, 2013. Maybe, God willing, I'll sing it sooner.
GrinfilledCelt

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.