Thursday, December 17, 2009

NATION's SOS

Weep for me, Katrina vanden Heuvel,
because life is unfair ... .

Nation Magazine Editor needs your money, because it's not a good time to be old media "progressive." 

This morning we sent out our end of year fundraising appeal. You can read the full text here but the gist of it is this: The Nation is facing a significant budget shortfall, at a moment when support for investigative journalism is collapsing. The definition of "journalism," and the debate over how people get their content, who pays for it and what form it takes is changing every day. As The Nation's Editor, these shifts in the media landscape are fascinating. As The Nation's Publisher, these changes are alarming. Reporting--real, gritty, atrocities in Iraq-{Ahem} hands-on journalism--costs serious money.   Blah-Blah-Blah Katrina vanden Heuvel


Dear Nation Friend:

I’ll admit it: a year ago at this time, we expected more.

Barack Obama’s election marked a remarkable moment in our country’s history — a milestone in America’s scarred racial landscape, a victory for the forces of decency, diversity and tolerance, and an end to eight years of destructive, swaggering unilateralism.

A year later, it’s clear we’re a ways from reshaping the prevailing order of our politics and economy. That will take more than one election. And in this winter of discontent   Blah-Blah-Blah Katrina vanden Heuvel

Badanov

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

No post yet on Cerrato's resignation\Bruce Allen's hiring?

And you call yourself a Redskins fan!

dr kill said...

i'd like to leave a comment, but I refuse to play the registration game.

I'm looking at you- Redstate, Atlantic, PJM, Insty, Hotair.

You can all blow it out your a'''''es.

C and S may delete my comment, but he does see them

Rodger the Real King of France said...

WTF is that about?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I could care less about Cerrato, except I'm all for keeping Zorn, so if it was one or t'other, good. The Skin's are verging, but God hates them.

Anonymous said...

hmm... somebody's been in the holiday egg nog??
Juice

Anonymous said...

Nah, must be a different C&S.

So Rog, who does God love? I mean, besides the Buckeyes.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Evidently he love whoever's playing the 'Skins. Lost last 4 games by what? 7 points combined?

Anonymous said...

Dear Katrina v.d. Heuvel,
I've been in the woods for three days without a change of clothes.
Eat my shorts if yer hungry, OTW, STFU.
"Life's a bitch and then you die." - unknown author
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

Tailgunner~ Great contribution to the poor journalists claiming "These investigations are expensive" Thanks to your shorts, they won't go hungry. ;-]
Juice

Anonymous said...

Rodge: You're thinking of the Wizards. The Redskins actually won their last game... (although they certainly had several close games right beforehand).

And I thought it was God Hates Caps Fans? (Or are you just not into hockey?)

Anonymous said...

Pray for ME! I'm a Jaguars fan and Corrine Brown is my rep. Tonight we play the unbeaten Colts and I still have a better feeling about winning than I do about her ever making an intelligent comment.
Tim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

yeah, I meant before that .. they coulda been a contenda. Who are these "Wizards" you speak of?

Anonymous said...

There is a God. Chiefs game blacked out Sunday

The Old Man said...

Gotcha beat, Tim. Been a Browns fan since '57 and DENNIS KUCINICH is my state rep.

caughtinthebight said...

I'll see your Kucinich and raise you a Wu. I've been a Raiders fan since Plunkett. I could use a prayer too.

Anonymous said...

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/nr_j0199_landing.html

Anonymous said...

I am SO enjoying seeing that skank vanden Hoofer getting hers. Justice, 'tis sweet vapour at the ending hour.

H

Anonymous said...

Raiders... since Lamonica, Balitnakoff, Blanda and Keating.
TDB

Guy S said...

You are all a bunch of pikers! Cubs and Bears fan since the mid 60's, and Durbin is my senator (Burris never really counted), AND "you know who" used to be a senator from here, and "Little" Dick Daley is the mayor of a major metropolitan city just 100 miles east of here. Top that for crosses to bear!

Oh, and a (if somewhat early) Merry Christmas to you and yours Rodger!!!

Alear said...

Browns fan since '59. My ole man was a steel exec that helped force Kucinich to engulf the city into default. Art Modell sucks Ted's balls.
OSU OUS OSU !!!

Tis the eggnog season.

Anonymous said...

My kids first game was the saints , skins last week . Talk about a roller coaster ! I hope I haven't damaged them for life : ) smibsid

Gayle Miller said...

Both God and Gayle love the Buckeyes! I went to OSU during the reign of Woody Hayes and loved every game I ever attended. I even photographed the games for the school paper! And no, Woody never took a swing at me. I was never stupid enough to shove my camera in his face when he was losing! Not that he did much of that!

Gayle Miller said...

I've been a Browns fan since 1945 when I attended my first game (I was 3)! Jim Brown when he had no blockers! Lou the Toe Groza! Ah, those were the days.

And now I live in a town that has a team like the Redskins? Lo how the Miller gal has fallen!

IMHO the most important replacement that needed is the ownership!

Anonymous said...

Art Model was the beginning of the end. Where did you grow up Gayle?

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.