Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Restorations

The Taft Inauguration Time Killer

Taft's Inauguration was held indoors, in the Senate chamber, due to the snowfall. Strong winds toppled trees and telephone poles, trains were stalled and city streets unpassable. City workers shoveled sand and snow through  half the night. It took 6,000 men and 500 wagons to clear 58,000 tons of snow and slush from the parade route. - Picture depicts Taft waving to the assembled crowd afterwards.
I don't know why I decided to do this.  Taft means nothing to me, and the whole thing grew very tedious.  But, there you have it (rollover).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Air Farce One??




NuckingFutz

Chuck from Tacoma said...

Wow, I did not know that Taft was colored.

Anonymous said...

For whatever reason your subject was Taft, perhaps more so might have been the time period that appealed to TRKOF. You did a good job. Those cop uniforms are near perfect as are the carriages. I don't claim to know aircraft, but if an interpretive Air Force One is in the sky...... today's model over a current inauguration should be the Barn Army's B-52. Kickn' azz.
Signed,
Fckn' A! Juice

Anonymous said...

Would'a made a great puzzle.
Tim

DonM said...

President Taft was a very heavy man at over three hundred pounds with a wide girth.

One evening he was being introduced to a large gathering by a rather gifted orator of the day, Mr. Chauncey DePue.

Mr. DePue: "Ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to introduce to you a man, pregnant with ideas, President Taft."

President Taft: "Thank you, Thank you all. I've been accused of many things in life but never before have I been accused of pregnancy. If it's a boy, I'll name him John, if a girl I'll name her Mary, but if it's just gas I'll name it Chauncey DePue."

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Clap Calp Clap Don - great story. I like Taft now.

jodi said...

Great job Rog. Using the same tool I now have new respect for your "art." BTW, embarrassing for me when you said Taft earlier I thought you were talking about your son. I promise I'm not blonde.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

If I had a son named Taft (and I do have one who could wear that name), I'd call him "Taffer."

DougM said...

No teleprompter?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.