Thursday, December 24, 2009

What's this "Constitution" u refer to?

Richard Epstein: The Reid Bill
is Blatantly Unconstitutional

 As close to a Christmas present I can offer you, news wise

Curmudgeonly & Skeptical

At PointOfLaw.com, the distinguished University of Chicago constitutional scholar Richard Epstein provides a painstaking, withering analysis of the healthcare legislation wending its way through the Senate. He concludes that it is clearly unconstitutional. The essay is lengthy and, in places, complex; but it is brilliantly done, accessible, and compelling. [Thanks to Roger Kimball and Glenn Reynolds.] [
 A great read that, ultimately, will cause you to ask - "what do these people care about the constitution," which is a different problem. [the corner]

8 comments:

Spunky Texan said...

They don't care. So obvious.
They don't even care if they get elected.
They just want this freadom killer, in place, no matter the cost.
2009 will truely be the year Free America died.

Spunky Texan said...

I am so tired, cannot even spell freedom. UGH

Merry Christmas all!

Anonymous said...

That's a great find, Rog. I will be posting it and shoving it front of my Farmville-obsessed friends on Facebook. That's something everyone needs to see, it's pingly.

AWM

WV: pingly [adj.] worthy of being pinged. ex.: That post is very pingly. syns repeated

TimO said...

They. don't. care. cause. its. only. a. piece. of. paper.....
(and they can do bloody well whatever they want!)

Anonymous said...

I Read through the comments on the WSJ article. How many idiots am I sharing my country with? It's a well written and thoughtful article, unfortunately there are far too many citizens in this country who do not understand the purpose or meaning of the constitution. And that makes me sad all day.

Anonymous said...

RODGER, that pic is PERFECT! And it's why I adore your blog. Don't take your compliments here lightly. You really have a unique sense of artistic expression.

I'm bookmarking for a later read. Today I'm finishing three batches of Christmas tamales (chicken,pork,and beef) in addition to all sauces and sides from scratch. WORK.
Help! Juice

JMcD said...

And Joseph Said:
"Alright, everybody stay back!...I think the three guys on camelback are Muslims!"

I know Mo wasn't born yet, but Joe had a way of seeing things that other could not.

Anonymous said...

JMcD~ Like to Mo(hammad). Sent me straight to Moe, Larry, Curly! HA! :-]
Juice

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.