Thursday, January 28, 2010

Computer Guts

 Cables

Boned Jello


This tells you what I've been doing since 12:01.  Been putting it off, but I got cables to stream NetFlix to the TV, and a new tuner card that, hopefully, will allow me to once again record TV directly. Stuff's been staring at me, making me feel lazy.

I've been using my little Canon A560 to shoot the Tivo'd video off the television screen.  As you can see from the Glock 18 video, the quality is good, but the audio has that "tinny" sound, and it adds additional steps to produce.   My old TV tuner won't capture the HD signal, so this new card ought to put me back in business.  It's been about two years since I opened the box to fiddle with stuff, and horry clap, talk about dust buildup.  Nice feeling of satisfaction to wipe the innards clean.  Then my wireless keyboard wouldn't work.  Tried every damn thing for most of 2 hours.    Before trucking off to Office Depot.,  I just now pounded all the keys, and threw it onto my Lazy-Boy.  Sumbitch works now. 

So, what'd I miss?

7 comments:

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I just looked at the picture, and want to clear something up.  It's a flashlight.
..

clem said...

Thought it was a cordless phone, myself.

What'd you miss? A bigger hard drive. You'll need the space.

Anonymous said...

don't forget to call back in to re-order your FiOS bundle when you're current bundle pricing expires.

RetRsvMike

Alear said...

Rodg, while you're streaming Netflix, may I recommend Hotel Babylon? It's fun and not completely mindless.

hispaman said...

know the feeling...

Anonymous said...

Next time use an air compressor !

DougM said...

Sorry, data glitch.
Did you say "fleshlight?"

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.