Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Jilly Biden

Don't worry sweety, that's
why we have tax collectors.


Curmudgeonly & Skeptical

I received a WNO SOUNDBITE ADVISORY re Jill Biden waxing eloquently about FAFSA.  I have no idea what the acronym stands for, but while finding out I ran into this site, and the above shown, crudely executed bit of  Big Education agitprop.   Yesterday I noted this lame attempt by Media Matters. It says a lot about who they see as their base audience, and what it takes to influence them.

Anyway, back to Jill Biden (I still don't know what FAFSA accomplishes, aside from spending OPM).  This is precious.

Soundbite 3: Jill Biden Discusses Her Daughter And FAFSA.

  "Our daughter is in grad school at Penn and she just got, Monday morning, we were on the phone to see if she had been accepted to get her FAFSA money otherwise it was like mom, you know, you've got to help me out with college."
 
Click here for link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U3xv99wMJs

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free
Application for
Federal
Student
Aid

It is used in college to recieve grants from the govmint. As far as I knew, it was just for colleges.

www.fafsa.ed.gov

Your welcome

THor~
III

touring word
guildi hmmmn

Anonymous said...

As far as I know, everyone is required to sign up for a FAFSA to see if they are eligible for any funding before they get student loans

Sorry, it is early, I meant to put this in on my original post.


THor~
III

Turing word
Vocket
What Juice has in her pocket...uses batteries :)

Anonymous said...

I got a free ride through college from the USMC grant program. Stands for U Suckers Missed Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Anyone wonder why the Aryan school is not trashed but the Jim Crow school is? Years ago the local Pravda paper ran a comic showing the suburban school looking nice and the panel next to it showed the inner city school with broken windows, no backetball net, grafitti, etc... I wrote a letter asking if the editor was implying that the kids from the suburban school trashed the inner city school. My letter was not published.

Jim said...

FASFA is for undergraduate only and it is basically a formula derived from a person's financial statements to determine if they are eligible for any grant money or, more importantly, federally guaranteed loans to pay for college.
My son did qualify for FASFA based loans (no interest or payment due until 6 months after graduation), but when he started grad school, he became ineligible as would Biden's daughter.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.