Friday, January 01, 2010

Snow ride

Merrily's Snow Job
 Those are fast wiper blades.  Can't even follow them. :)


I just read your Sukky 2009 post, and it reminded me I was going to share this little video with you of Oklahoma's sukky Christmas weather. You nawtherners might be used to such, but we cannot deal with snow blowing sideways and accumulating to 12". I'll never wish for a white Christmas again!

This was taken by my younger son whilst driving about 20 mph in N Texas on Christmas Eve. An hour or so later, this highway was closed, stranding my sister and kids halfway to my mom's. The older son was stranded in OKC overnight, but he had a great place to stay. My old hometown didn't have electricity on Eve from 11 am to 8:15 pm. Then on Cmas day, the water supply was shut off all day due to power lines downed at the water treatment facility. There were other snafus as well. Thank God, we all made it to Mom's for Christmas Day and back home safely. Only by His grace.

Happy New Year! Thank you for what you do and for being my friend!

Merrily


(Alternate direct view)

Thank you too, Merrily.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now y'all make me feel bad. Last night I watched the fireworks on Daytona beach while drinking champagne. It was in the hi 60's.
Tim

WV chest

Anonymous said...

AK in the spring time!
Ask YAtalli.
RAK

Jinglebob said...

We deal with this kind of weather on a regular basis here in SD. Not fun but not too big of a deal if you are wise enough to just stay off the roads except for emergencies. Of course I feed cattle and horses in this stuff ll winter also, but it's just par for the course. Much nicer than hurricanes, tornado's and earthquakes.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that doesn't look too good, but it's nothing I'd blog about. If you're smart, you give yourself an extra hour to get to work where you can commiserate with your co-workers. If you're me, you bitch about all the pansy's slowing way down for a few snowflakes. =0D
GrinfilledCelt

pdwalker said...

bah, that's a snowstorm? Looks more like some light flurries.

(ok, yes it is horrible if you are not used to it. It also reminds me of why I've moved to a subtropical climate)

Merrily said...

Believe me, it was the worst thing we've seen in years in OK. I KNEW this was the reception the little video would get...we just can't deal. 110 degrees yes, 65 mph blowing snow...no. Come see us in July!

Wabano said...

We had that IN JUNE last summer
in northern Manitoba...some global warming!

By the way, cold wx make you more energetic...Arizona stuff turn you into a Zombie!!!

YOU CANT DRESS FOR HOT WEATHER!!!

Coppermine Esquimos used to spend the winter without fire!!!Just wearing inside out caribou skin parkas!

Humans improved genetically going NORTH, re-degenerated moving back south!

Anonymous said...

"YOU CANT DRESS FOR HOT WEATHER!!!"
Yes, you can you wear beer and margaritas on the inside and a pool on the outside:-)
(Spent far too long in the desert.)
RAK

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.