Saturday, February 06, 2010

789 Chevy

 Price of a turn key 789 Chevy is $135,000.
Boned Jello
JMcD  Before JMcD mentioned it in comments, I had never heard of the 789 Chevy, "a blending of the 1957 Chevrolet, 1958 Chevrolet and 1959 Chevrolet classic designs."  Had I seen this when I was a kid ...  my lust for it would have caused a near fatal case of "blue balls.¹"  Matter of fact ... .

 The 789 Chevy model is based on the 2005-2007 Corvette 6th generation chassis. The Corvette C6-R is the best sports car General Motors ever built. With the new C6 chassis as their starting point n2a Motors created a car that has the eyes, hood, front fenders and grille of the 1957 Chevy Belair, the tail fins of a 1959 Chevy and the interior and midsection suggestive of a 1958 Impala.  [More words, and more pictures]
¹

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't Johnny Cash write a song along those lines?
Tim

Anonymous said...

What an ugly POS!

Should be scrapped and sold for parts.

MAJ Mike

Randy Rager said...

MAJ Mike beat me to it. Gah! The designers should be flogged!

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

Nostalgic: yep.
Collector's item: prolly in another 25yrs.
Ugly as an Edsel: more so.
Practical: not one bit.
Perfect example of how the gummint can piss away my hard earned tax dollars: ABSOFUCKINGLOUTLEY!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry boys but that is one kick ass car- flat out gorgeous
MM

Anonymous said...

Taste is subjective. For those of you in Rio Linda.......
Tim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I was waiting for the school bus when I saw my first Imapala (1958). It was the 2nd most beautiful car I'd ever seen. Looking at the 789 through those same eyes (1958), I'd feel the same way.

Of all the pictures in that slide show however, the one car that I did then, and still do think was a piece of art is the 57 Lincoln Continental Capri.

I wonder how many people realized that all those cars were models?

B....... said...

I knew, but the cars and surroundings were so skillfully done that I just couldn’t accept it, that is until that spotlessly clean garbage truck came up - dead giveaway.......

cmblake6 said...

As for myself? I'm sitting here twitching in the afterglow, needing a cigarette to calm down. Love it, want it!

An ignorant dickweed said...

Only $135,000, I wonder if Obama would still let me turn in my old clunker.

Anonymous said...

Where did he get some of those models? Never never seen a Packard model anywhere.
The '56 Lincoln Capri 2 door hardtop was better looking than the '57. The '57 had that chop in the rear fender that messed up the lines, IMO.
Mom and Dad had a '56 they bought as a favor to the grandparents... Ford discount .. who then said they really didn't want it.. What a mess that deal was.
tomw

Tasso said...

The 789 is manufactured to order by craftsmen at n2a motors in Southern California.

http://www.n2amotors.com/home.aspx

n2a means "no two alike". They will build it almost any way you want (including as much horsepower as you want to pay for) except like one already built.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.