Monday, February 01, 2010

In Passing

 In Passing
 This is bachelor week!

nba $5 buck box from taco bell for $5.00
huh?
 
Tiger Hawk: I met Michael Barone at a cocktail party in 2005.
He asked me where I was from, I said "Princeton," and he accurately told me the percentage of the voters who had gone for John Kerry in 2004. That's why this column is so interesting for its forecast of an electoral earthquake.

NYT Accuses U.S. Military of Running "Rigged Trials" - (via St. Ann)
"President George W. Bush’s decision to hold prisoners outside the law and then attempt to try them in rigged military courts was legally wrong, and hugely damaging to American values and this country’s global image."

Air Force Academy to Open Outdoor Worship Circle for Wiccans and Druids

5 comments:

Murphy(AZ) said...

AFA to open an area for witches and druids? WHAT THE F-CK??? My "Boys In Blue" are cowing for this TRIPE??? Sell my stripes for SCRAP and sign me on with the Coasties! Bag my face so the world will never know I once wore "air superiorty blue" with pride! What the HELL is this politically correct world coming to when we HAVE to make room for "alternative religious beliefs?" Whatever happened to Blanket Parties?

I am sick... sick, I tell you... I would have thought the Swabbies at Anapolis would have "caved" first. RKOF, maybe you want to re-target that first nuke on the AFA... it seems to be in serious need of a "cleansing."

Chuck Martel said...

I don't have a problem w/ Wiccans doing their own religious activities on our military bases. When's the last time a Wiccan crashed an airliner or shot up a U.S. military base or rolled a grenade into a tent? Never.

If we want to start banning religious services, I suggest we start those who do those type of things.

BlogDog said...

I worked with Mike Barone at USNews and he, in contradistinction to other "names," (coughRobertscough, coughBorgercough) was a real gentleman and one of the most brilliant political minds it's ever been my pleasure to meet.

Anonymous said...

Blogdog,
++
He engenders the most respect of just about anyone in the media.

tomw

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chuck Martel and take it even further. Not just the grenade rollers, but the ones already at the AFA who make life very hard on those who were either not Christians, or the right denomination of Christian.

In the navy, I had my patriotism and loyalty questioned often enough by that crowd and I came close to doing bodily harm to more than one of them. I got everything from the old dual loyalty screed to being a Christ killer.

I've known a few Wiccans. I find them to decent, gentle people. Not a single one of them has questioned my loyalty or, at least to my face, called me "the k word" or the J-b compound word (getting past the filters, Rodge...).

- the friendly grizzly

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.