Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Islam's rule by the sword

"All Islamic states in history have ended
[by] maintaining their power by force. "

Including, now, Iran
Boned Jello
 
I used to have a group of expat Iranian  bloggers who linked me. They skittered off, I imagine,  after one of my "alternate behavior" periods (for which I don't apologize, but try to control).  By following links  gleaned from site meter, I grew to admire them, and their concern  for their native country.  Now,  when I see Iranians in open defiance of that brutal regime; being shot dead in the streets of Tehran, I admire them all the more.  How many times in our lifetime has that happened?  Where the people, not the military, the people rise against hard fisted fascist regimes?  Hungarians, in 1956 .Romanians in 1989.  Not many.  I wonder whether we, if it ever came to that, would have the stomach.  I'm sure we would, at least for now.  This is a good article;  Iran's Emerging Military Dictatorship

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids and I recently watched Schindlers list . I wanted them to see that evil does exist in the world . Those who forget their history , are doomed to repeat it . Support the NRA !

Anonymous said...

I wish they had a chance.
They need guns and bombs, some artillery and air would be handy right now as well...

Anonymous said...

"Those who forget their history..." That ties right in with, "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." It pretty much defines liberals doesn't it? Those who do remember know that bullies always back down when challenged.
GrinfilledCelt

cmblake6 said...

You damn well know our mooselip Communist in Command won't do a damn thing about it. I'm boiling inside, right about now. When do we fix this sh*t? When?

badfrog101 said...

There are what, 80 million firearms out here. We can't defeat the US armed forces in a pitched battle (no tanks, jet fighters, etc., but we can stop anything else, police, SWAT, SEIU thugs, NSA whatever. Nothing short of a drawn battle line could stop the armed, determined citizens of this country from removing any government officials if we determine that it is needed. If the tea party were to arm and refuse to cooperate with the govt--not obey laws, tax support,etc. it could bring the country to it's knees.

Which is not such a great idea. After all, it's OUR country, and our ballots are just as effective as bullets, and a lot cheaper.

But we would give Amadinwhatsit and his bully boys short shrift if they were over here. Ten thousand armed determined strikers are not going to be moved by a few or a few hundred blackshirts on motorbikes.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.