Friday, February 26, 2010

Looking for evil as a hobby

An Island Of Sick, Perverted Freaks

Boned Jello

Is it possible this story is true?  James Rummel investigates.
Last year, I read about an incident in a water park in the United Kingdom.

A father took his kids to the park so they could frolic in the cool and refreshing waves. When the children said they wanted to hurl themselves down the water slide, the proud father decided that this would be a perfect opportunity for some action photos of the apples of his eye.

Kid Having Fun!

He positioned himself at the end of the slide, camera at the ready, only to face a muttering and hostile crowd that apparently wanted to lynch him then and there!

The justification for the violence was that he must be a pedophile. After all, what other reason would a grown man have of snapping shots of young children in swimwear? The explanation that he was only photographing his own progeny were rejected out of hand. What else would child molesters say to escape just punishment when the righteous crowd gets their blood up? 

(Hat tip to Glenn. I also cross posted this at Hell in a Handbasket. Check out the comments there, as the readers of my other blog have some interesting things to say.)


5 comments:

James R. Rummel said...

Actually, I wrote the essay in question. Shannon Love just left a comment.

But, all that aside, I would like to thank you kindly for the link!

Rodger the Real King of France said...

My apology for the slight; I corrected the text above. Anyway, your point is well made.

Anonymous said...

I write it off to the feminization of western civilization. We must fear everything, and have the state protect us.

Casca

Anonymous said...

A great man once called it "pussification".

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I drive through a neighborhood, I see a sign that says "WATCH CHILDREN".

But I won't. I don't want to get in trouble.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.