Monday, February 08, 2010

Tebow revisited

Tebow Agonistes
This is What All the Griping and Whining Was About?



Gerard has the much discussed Tebow video, in case like me you weren't watching last night. 
Speaking just for myself, of course, it seems to me that what most threatened the hordes of transcultural cretins in their hatefest was the simple decency of the ad and the two people in it. The ad gives us a glimpse into a real where decent people make hard choices and it turns into something wonderful. It seems that there are among us those to whom real decency is the light that reveals not only the good among us, but the twisted dark nature of the realm in which the shameless among us dwell. Those that cannot see this for what it really is are seeing instead some dead darkness they've allowed to dwell inside them. I pity them. [American Prospect - but come back here after you watch it.]
Speaking for me too, Gerard. Okay, now that you've seen it, listen to what NOW president Terry O'Neill saw in the same video.
I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself.".
I thought NOW had been purchased by the American Kennel Club?  Really.  This is the first time in months, maybe years, that this boil on America's butt cheek has popped to the surface.  Anyway, O'Neill's motley crew of perpetually offended, pasty faced hags are exactly what I was talking about in the post below about Town Jerks.  My recent poll, however, shows that 79% of Americans, across all demographic lines, despise them. We will not then have to lace their enema water with Solution de lierre de poison.  The mutts have done themselves in. Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.