Monday, March 22, 2010

How about "Bojangles?"

PROBLEM SOLVED ?
Operation Blue Gum for Barack
Obama visit gets the chainsaw



THE codename chosen for a secret policing operation to protect US President Barack Obama during his visit to Australia sounds innocuous enough.

But calling it Operation Blue Gum, after Australia's iconic native trees, almost caused an international embarrassment.

US consular officials were aghast when briefed by their counterparts in the NSW Police Force about the title, Blue Gum. In America, a "bluegum" is offensive slang for a lazy African-American who refuses to work.

And those in the small circle of officials who became aware of the operation's name were determined to abandon it, as quietly as possible, before Mr Obama heard about it. - [full]
I've never heard the term "blue gum."  Anyway, why not call it "Operation Canadian," after their North American sister country?  What?  Oh for chrissake  It's like punching a tar baby anymore, trying to be PC.  Call it "Operation MFCS Commie," and be done with it.
Props to commenter

6 comments:

Isadore "Chilidog" Pike said...

The proper term is "bluegum geechee" and refers to pure breed stock. We all know that Berry Hussein is a Half breed at best. Lets go with the "MFCS Commie"

Anonymous said...

Yes blue gum is a racial slur or at least thats what it was when I was growing up in S Louisiana. Still hear it from time to time from my East Tex friends.
I am working in AU right now and when one of the blokes read the article to me (while I was driving) I exploded and no one else in the car could understand because here blue gum is a native tree in the eucalyptus family.
BTW I would have volunteered for the operation if local law enforcement would have allowed me to.
The guys I work with here see his visit as an attempt to garner support for Afghanistan and Rudd probably will deny.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to think there's nothing out there that someone won't find offensive.

Josh Fahrni-Barn Army Dog Catcher said...

I've heard of blue gums, very vaguely. Always thought it was a stupid racist name though. There are much better ones.

Let's call it Operation Watermelon Salesman.

Hat tip to Rather.

Anonymous said...

When I first got to North Florida 35 years ago I heard it used to describe blacks that were of a pure race. It didnt seem to be applied negatively. The people that used it didnt seem to like what they deemed mulatto or mixed race. It was a culture shock for me and my midwest Lutheran upbringing.
Tim

molonlabe28 said...

This reminds me of the Secret Service code name for Jessie Jackson in 1984 - Pontiac.

Apparently, it is also an acronym for "poor old n..... thinks it's a cadillac".

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.