Tuesday, March 30, 2010

KODAK HD THEATRE

Finally!

Lord knows, I've got scads of unemployed Woot crap laying about.  I'm not saying it's stuff that's broken; I'm saying that the installation/operation required more expertise than I was willing to acquire (like the micro helicopter that I flew into my head, and was happy to have gotten it airborne!).  Most of the useless crap falls into the category  "Wireless Interface/ PC with TV" .  I think I just scored with the Kodak Theater HD Player I bought March 19th, for $49.95. 

 It's a simple as simple can be to set up- almost.  Connect the little black box to your television with cable of choice (I used HDMI cable), put batteries into the pointer, and follow the on screen directions.  The only glitch I had was selecting the wrong type of WEN deal; "Personal" instead of "Open".

I was skeptical about watching HD movies via wireless, but from cursory trials that does not seem to be a problem.   What can you do?  Almost anything you do on your PC, including watch Net-Flix movies, read e-mail, look at your personal files, listen to your music, blah-blah-blah.  I notice the retail price is $199.00, but it can be had cheaper (but not so cheap as Woot's price, it seems).  Hoo-rah!  It has TRKOF Seal of Approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.