Friday, June 18, 2010

GOP surrender monkeys

Shakedown Gummint
Rodge:

I can't do much Interwebbing at work, but I just wondered...when will the public be given access to the lawmakers to grill them in the ridiculous and rude manner in which they are treating BP? I mean, yes, we do need answers. But it's being done in a very hostile environment. I realize that this plays right along with Obama's plan to destroy America. But, oh man, wouldn't it be a blast to be able to hound and badger them on Fox? Weeeee

(Of course, I didn't say any of this. My job and all...)


Boned Jello

The author, (the comely "M") of that e-mail sent me into this funk.

I was sorry to see how House Republicans treated Texas Rep. Joe Barton for accurately describing Obama's treatment of BP as a "shakedown" (Rep. Barton Came "Within a Centimeter" of Losing His Position Over "Shakedown" Comment).  Sorry, because Barton was 100% spot-on, and being forthright.  John Boehner and ilk displayed the same sort of misplaced "gentility" (cowardice) that sent them packing in 2006.  If Republicans manage to take back both houses of congress in November, I have ZERO expectation they'll use it to roll back a single Obamanation.  I hope I'm wrong, but it's their history to fold early and often. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barton's comments were right. Unfortunately he came off as identifying BP as a victim. That was the problem with his statements. drummermanrick

Anonymous said...

The "Comely M" is spot on! The GOP still has the same clowns running their circus as before. The only good thing about the party are their women....more ballz than the men.

Ad rem...

DougM said...

Barton could have prevailed if he hadn't been so closely tied to BP, himself. That's the problem.
That's what the Tea Parties are about.
That's what limited government is about.
When the government is involved, corruption and citizenless influence thrive.
(see: corporatism and fascism)

(Turing word: dicaters. Indeed.)

pdwalker said...

Anonymous:

That's because BP was a victim, A victim of the blatant shakedown

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.